Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a Though Modded GT Vs Saleen Roush in terms of $

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:31 AM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Default Just a Though Modded GT Vs Saleen Roush in terms of $

I have basically done the basic things to my GT: Cold Air Intake, Short Throw, Axle Back Exhaust, planning on new rims/tires, and some louvers. As far as the GT is concerned I think thats the way it should have came for the base look/package for the GT. In terms of going for more power and handling I was starting to go over what it might caust vs say a comparable Saleen or Roush Model. Lets just say I wanted to get a Saleen Supercharger, it seeming to be the most powerful one while also being very reliable. Thats 5k there, and theres no way your going to add 100 ponies without upgrading your clutch/suspension, and possibly even fuel system. I would think you could easily spend 10 grand on doing a supercharger, suspension, fuel system upgrade. Also as far as value you are going to lower the value of the GT, and lose the warranty. Now if you look at say the Roush and Shelbys what are they 50k to 60k? If the base GT Premium is around 30k, your looking at say 20k difference, so your paying what 10k for the name, warranty, and value of the car with the mods? Would you guys think it might be worth it to just ride the GT out until you could afford the Roush/Saleen, if your wanted that type of power, and trade the GT with very lil mods? Just a thought...
Old 01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Just a Though Modded GT Vs Saleen Roush in terms of $

[sm=violent053.gif]
Old 01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

No need to bump stuff after an hour dude, other people are wanting responses also, we will get to you

My GT is fully loaded 'as they say' but arguably worth an amount equalling a normal GT unless an enthisiast comes along begging me to sell. I mean a real one, not one of the dime a dozen wannabees Had I have bought a Roush/Saleen, which I had considered, my investment would have made more financial sense i agree.

So financially, if I had it all to do again, I would buy a Roush3 over a Saleen over a GT500 over a GT. Now don't forget, you modify any of those rides and you've devalued them also except this time you lost MORE money.........

It's a game.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:26 AM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Yeah, sorry bored at work...Well, I guess the main thing is it all comes in a package done right from the factory professional...and what would there be to mod on a Roush, Saleen, GT500...its all done for you...unless you like different rims lol...
Old 01-08-2008, 11:00 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Depends on what you want. Interior mods, engine dress up, exhaust, blower upgrade. For example, the Roush needs higher boost anyway and if I had a GT500, well, I'd overdrive the crap out of the blower if not Whippleit.
Thing is, we all like our Mustangs to be different, if you had a Saleen you'd do something different to it, you know it

If you keep the stock parts I guess you could return the car to Henry-Ford spec before selling, but that's a PITA and you'd not get much for your removed mods anyway.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:18 AM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Well, I guess it saves you having to do suspension upgrades/supercharger...I tell you I have a hard time trusting my car with mechanics...like, if I did a supercharger, I would drive from VA to Brenspeed to have them do my install...I guess I like the idea of having the complicated internal work done already for ya...rather than having to have someone else modify all your stuff and hope they do a good job...
Old 01-08-2008, 12:33 PM
boosted94
1st Gear Member

Why would you have to drive all the way to Brenspeed for a s/c? There are a TON of reputible shops on the east coast that would be more than happy to install one for you..with a warranty on their work
And not everyone upgrades their clutch and suspension when adding 100+ HP
Old 01-08-2008, 01:06 PM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Know anyone in Virginia Beach, VA? Haven't had much luck with anyone around here, but I have heard of the makers of the JLT CAI are located in Chesapeake...I don't know if they do superchargers...But with my setup:

2008 Mustang GT Premium, 3.55 gears, 18 inch rims w/ 255 (in the works), C&L CAI Tune, SLP Loudmouth, Hurst Shifter.

If, I added a supercharger, and thats it as far as mods...what else would I have to upgrade to be safe like sunspension or clutch? Basically I know I'm going to be keeping this car for 5-7 years...ate to much on the trade in and all, so my goal is to create a respectable power level, but I want to maintain realiability....Saleen S/C seems the best for that, but could you get 200k out of a Supercharged motor? or is it more like 100k? I was just going over Power for Reliability and Cost and I wonder if The Saleens out of the factory would be more reliable than a modded GT. But even then I couldn't get a Saleen for 7years, but at the same time I don't want to mod my GT to the power lvl for it to be unreliable, but if I could mod it to be as reliable I might go with it. Anyway opinions?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:23 PM
boosted94
1st Gear Member

I dont know any specifically in your area
Although...
JDM is in NJ
CJPonyparts is in Harrisburg, PA..thats where I got mine done..cheaper than JDM and Brenspeed I might add

Alot of people choose not to upgrade the clutch, 90% of them hardly ever take their car to the track.
If you plan on having a daily driver with 400-450rwhp then i say skip the clutch until its needed, hell i have 493rwhp and dont plan on getting a clutch until my stocker goes then again my car isnt a daily driver either so I'm not worried about it.
I dont know anyone with a blown car that has 100k+ miles so I cant answer than question.
All I can say is buy what YOU want to buy. There are a bunch of blowers and turbo's out there that alot of people will back.
On another note...If you got hosed on your trade in then I would skip the S/C all together and work on paying the car off faster. Installing a blower will only make your wallet thinner...and it wont increase the value of you car much.
Good luck
Old 01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Skidmen

Rap,
You should save up some monies and get the Saleen SC. I put one on my 07 right from the dealer, got a very good deal, then sent it to have full suspension done. Other than that, mine is the "fully loaded" GT and I'm super happy. Very reliable! Not a daily driver but could easily be one without any troubles. Of course, if you plan on thrashinig your ride then that's a whole new ballgame.

[IMG]local://upfiles/66193/311C98A94D824395B00F67FB649278CF.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Just a Though Modded GT Vs Saleen Roush in terms of $