Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why did you get a mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Why did you get a mustang

Nice Post Van........
Old 01-11-2008, 02:16 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Maverick9110E

Cause ill never be able to afford the challenger i want with the 6.1 hemi. lol and ford is a close 2nd in my book. and its a damn sexy car.

Did you catch CSI last night? PBR was on it. Cuz was speaking in the background of several scences.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:17 PM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

I had just bought a new Dodge quad cab, (my first Non chevrolet vehicle) then a few months later My buddy bought a s197. I had seen them before of course but I had never really thought to look at one. I rode in his (06 gt 5 spd) and I was hooked 3 months later I traded in my gas sucking truck for it. So for all you guys out there complaining about gas mileage I am perfectly happy with my 16 to 18 mpg range, I was getting 8 mpg in my new truck so I have doubled on gas mileage, But I also had to buy another truckbecauseI couldnt bring my self to haul stuff with my fancy new pretty truckso instead of one vehicle Inow have 2, which is no big deal, I usually drive one till it runs outta gas and then I switch to the other one. It also helps me keep the miles down on the stang, I have had thecar for 4 months now and only have put about 1300 miles on it
Old 01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

I bought my first Mustang in 2000 (96GT) because I'd always wanted one but circumstances had always prevented it. Things worked out, I got it and the progression to the 05 was a given once I saw the "leaked" sheet metal CAD drawings way back.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Because I loved the new body style....fell in love with it actually. Never like the new edge style thought they were ugly.

O yeah and they are cheap!!!! Well sometimes[&o]
Old 01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I had just bought a new Dodge quad cab, ....snip..... I was getting 8 mpg in my new truck
That's just wrong. My Dodge Ram Hemi gives me double that.......... It used a lot of gas for the first few tanks then just started getting better. I've had 20mpg on the highway out of it on cruise
Old 01-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Well, i just got my license and my mom was sick of me taking her car so much, so we went out looking for cars, we ended up at a ford dealership in the spring, bunch of mustangs parked outside, she liked the look of them becasue my neighbor has one. So we see a few GTs and those are out of the price range for my first car and then we look at the V6's, a few wereavailable but then there was a torch red with white racing stripes for about 19.5k, that's the one i liked, i didnt think i would ever get it but i told my dad about it anyways, he thought it would be cool but wasnt completely sold on the idea of it. A week or two later he went to test drive it and then a week or so after that he picked me up from practice with it. I'm so glad i told him about it
Old 01-11-2008, 02:29 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

No one else said it yet? Ok, I'll bite. LOL

Because I have a one inch *****.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:31 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Body style, aftermarket parts, afordable and did I mentioned killer looks?
Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exx1976

No one else said it yet? Ok, I'll bite. LOL

Because I have a one inch *****.

We don't say that because our cars don't show that. You only do that if you drive a Lambo or Ferarri, or Mercedes even...

Our cars show muscle, not ***** size.

Quick Reply: Why did you get a mustang