Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh yes, there will be blood.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:56 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Oh yes, there will be blood.

I am thinking...new style hood and body kit bumper (whichever you like)....lets make some lemon out of this lemonade....
Old 01-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Maybe the '09's willbe equipedwith shields...

Glad you're ok. We take longer to fix than our Stangs (usually).
Old 01-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Two Accident threads in a Row............Let's not go for the Hat Trick.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:52 PM
MdnytRider
1st Gear Member

First, consult an attorney. If you had a stop sign and were pulling forward to see, and the other person didn't have a stop sign, then technically you ran the stop sign and were at fault. Some states, however, have something called "contributory negligence", meaning that if you can prove the other vehicle was speeding the other driver may share some of the blame. Take a lot of pictures of the damage on your car, get statements from the body shop saying that the amount of damage indicated excessive speed. If the parking lot has a posted speed limit, get pictures of the signs. If the other driver left skid marks on the ground get pictures of them - do it quick before rain washes them away. If there are no skid marks this doesn't mean they never hit their brakes, since the Jetta probably has anti-lock brakes. But document as much as you can. And get a copy of the police report to see what the police had to say at the time of the accident.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, but my daughter just went through the exact same situation, so I can tell you documentation is everything.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:01 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Man, I just read your story twice, and it sounds like you pulled out in front of a jetta. If I were writing it up, I'd have to say you were at fault. But I am sincerely sorry about your car, that really sucks bro.[&o]
Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Bulitt
2nd Gear Member

Man I hope someone never does that to my car I will lose it.[sm=chairshot.gif]
Old 01-13-2008, 08:33 AM
2pistols

welcome to south carolina the land of the most inconsiderate horiffic drivers driving in down town dumster you gotta be on your toes, you canupgrade your front end, I assume your at shaw ?? ck this site out if you havent found it already http://www.carolinarides.com, and theses guys are in town too http://www.badassfast.com/ laters
Old 01-13-2008, 08:38 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

Man, I just read your story twice, and it sounds like you pulled out in front of a jetta. If I were writing it up, I'd have to say you were at fault. But I am sincerely sorry about your car, that really sucks bro.[&o]
Thats exactly what it sounds like to me too...unless the jetta has a stop sign or there is a speed limit and he was exceeding it (prove that somehow) then you are at fault.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:40 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that man, truly I am.
Thing is that Cops just don't have the resources, time or inclination to stand there on the spot and argue as to who was in the right/wrong. Fact is you pulled out on the veeDub, whether he was doing 5 or 500, that's just fact.
It's like the guy behind being at fault in a rear end, even if he's pushed into the other vehicle from behind him. Sucks but a base rule to ease Police & insurance companies lives.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:28 AM
duckbubbles
2nd Gear Member

I think the cops use the point of impact on the car as reason for fault. If you had pulled forward and let the ******* moron hit you behind the door, it would have been considered his fault. That's why I hate the sh**heads who pull out in front of you so much. If you hit them in the rear, it's your fault.

Frank
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Oh yes, there will be blood.