Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You all should be thankful!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 04:17 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

Default You all should be thankful!

You all should be thankful you all have Mustangs. I know sure as **** I am!

I bring this up because I went car shopping for the guy with the BlackMamba and spent a good 60 minutes on the road one way. I wish I had a navigation system in my car right now, but that will come later. After getting repeatedly lost (but enjoying every second of it,) I ended up at the place with the first car. Some rather old Honda Civic. This was my first stop. It was a manual, the AC didn't work, it looked and felt like crap. I'll give the Japanese one kick, though. That engine sure is strong. After test riding it, it felt like it was a solid piece of work but it looked like crap. I couldn't stand it. I felt like I was two minutes away from putting a fart can on the back of it. I told the guy thanks and I'll talk to my friend about the car.

Next I drove to a parking lot where I checked out some old Mitsubishi Galant. Looked good, but the hood was a little misaligned. Guy told me it was cause of the accident (minor one, as he says) that cause the salvage title. Well, all in all, car worked fine for an auto. But I'll tell ya, the interior felt like I was a 50 foot man in a midget world. It also stank to high hell and just about nothing inside worked, as well as it was all falling apart, but that was the car. After getting out of the gas box, I popped the hood and couldn't figure out heads or tails with the car. I wasn't even so sure if the engine was upside down or not. Thanked the guy and he drove off.

Soon after, I got in my car, popped the hood, checked the oil (which I just changed today) and looked at all my levels. It was quick, easy, clean, and I felt like I was at "home" again. I got in my Mustang and gripped the wheel, felt the seat suit me perfectly, and a small smirk crossed my face as I gunned about 3 fart cans. I got on the freeway after spending another $30 in gas and cruise controlled my way home.

I had fun today, but I realized that I should be more thankful than I am now, because there are other cars out there. Other cars that would have me crying whenever I got in them, not smiling.

So, thank you Ford, thank you every MustangForum member, and thank you to the finance company that trusted a 19 year old kid with no credit to buy such an amazing vehicle.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: You all should be thankful!

Thank you Visa card!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Cubs17
3rd Gear Member

+1, love my Sally.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:38 PM
VanGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Every day of my life I take time to reflect on how lucky I am to have not just my Mustang, but everything that I have in life - my family, my health, my job, and everything else. There are billions and billions of people in the world who are less fortunate than I am, so I am grateful for every minute of every day that I get to be me.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:54 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

This is a great post, noober, and good response VanGTCS. To some people it might sound silly to be thankful about a car, but it does represent how fortunate we are in general. I spent two months in Honduras last year, and man, I was glad to get back home. It really made me appreciate what I have.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:59 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

+1 to that. I justturned 18 and very thankful [8D]
Old 01-12-2008, 06:04 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VanGTCS

Every day of my life I take time to reflect on how lucky I am to have not just my Mustang, but everything that I have in life - my family, my health, my job, and everything else. There are billions and billions of people in the world who are less fortunate than I am, so I am grateful for every minute of every day that I get to be me.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000....I am so greatful that I am blessed with all the things in my life....and I think everyone should at least think of whats good in their life once a day.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:15 PM
dilysio8

[sm=violent053.gif]13 months in the desert has made me grateful just seeing the sun rise wasnt home two days before i bought my 2008welcome homepresent to myself[sm=patriot.gif] every day is a great day anymore
Old 01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
z06stang
1st Gear Member

it's great to see alot of the younger crowd buying and loving these cars instead of going the ricer route!!! great thread
Old 01-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Jbrandt22
1st Gear Member

As an 18 year old with a nicer car then all of my friends, The one that has the car that makes all of the girls go nuts.. I'm very very thankful for what I have. Also I work at a car detailing place, And we have a conveyor belt that we do interiors on, Its about a 10 minute process, but anybody can stop by and we put their car on the belt and we clean their interior, like vaccum, windows etc.

But god we have some awful cars come through, Like an 89 chevy celebrity covered in dog hair, spilled coffee.. Oh god don't get me started, But then in the spring/summer/fall when my shift is over, I get to go to the employee parking lot, push down my clutch and fire up my 300hp of pure joy and love, Utilize my employee discount on the car wash, have the hot cashiers drool over my car. And then I proceed to go to the same interior belt that I was working on before, And have the detailers drool over my car I love life!!!

Quick Reply: You all should be thankful!