Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heart transplant Complete! Dyno 631rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 08:10 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Default RE: Heart transplant has begun!

ORIGINAL: PLstang

I believe 700rwhp is an really achievable goal!!

I would like to be pushing a little more for the track at some point!

This is a cool mod...
You'll be one of the first.
Good luck man.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:26 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Who couldn't love this???

Is he awesome or what????

Damn......to have the Shelby GT500.........some do, some dream.......PLstang makes it happen.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:27 PM
07mustanggt
2nd Gear Member

Wasn't there an article in a mustang magazine early last year (or maybe late of 06) that bought a base v6 and then bought the gt500 engine and drivetrain. The guy also put in a custom suspension, exhaust, and some other things. Total cost of that was like $40000 I think and he had everything custom and how he wanted...makes me kick myself everytime I think about that because that would have been the best way for an AMAZING car...
Old 01-16-2008, 08:45 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

He is amazing. Don't ever doubt it.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

Awesome. Can't wait to see the prrogress.

I have a question, out of curiosity, when you replace an engine that is not what the VIN code matches, and it is time for smog, how does that work? I believe here in CA( I know different states vary with emission laws), if the engine size doesn't match the VIN number it automaically fails. And if I remember when I lived in VA in the late 90's they also passed this rule. Is it just a matter of going to the DMV and getting that changed?

This isn't an intent of starting an arguement of screw the law, I am just curious what the legal way of doing it is.
Actually, here in Ca. you can do a swap like this legally. When this is done, you waive the right to not smog a new car for 6 years, as you can when it's OEM. You must use the computer, all sensors and smog euip for the new motor, then you must go to a State run inspection facility to have it inspected, and if it passes, a waiver will be added. This waiver will beupdated in the vin records for that car, and you will then receive your normal smog inspection notifications when registration is due. I have done this with two cars, and the process was really quite simple. The first time, i failed though as I didn't have all of the required equipment of the new motor, but rather of the old motor. It was only a fuel vent issue.This is going to be a sweet mod for this car!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:38 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Shelby GT500 sweet eh, Scott?

I imagine he wouldn't want for anything else for this little ride of his..........

He is going to be set !
Old 01-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

It's definitely going to surprise people!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:58 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Sleepah!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07mustanggt

Wasn't there an article in a mustang magazine early last year (or maybe late of 06) that bought a base v6 and then bought the gt500 engine and drivetrain. The guy also put in a custom suspension, exhaust, and some other things. Total cost of that was like $40000 I think and he had everything custom and how he wanted...makes me kick myself everytime I think about that because that would have been the best way for an AMAZING car...
that is what chevykiller...err...FordFanboy...err...modaddict is planning on doing
Old 01-17-2008, 12:31 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Well just a quick update from the shop this morning! The front clip for the transplant will be in tomorrow evening late!

We ordered a few small items to help with the install. A set of Kooks LT's, Off road H and a new Driveshaft shop GT500 driveshaft.

Luckily the weathers crap so the track is closed.......I wont feel so bad about the car being in surgery!

Old motor is stripped down!

My old (brand new) drive shaft!! ugh!!

I should have some pics to post of the new Heart tomorrow evening!! I'm starting to get excited!!

Quick Reply: Heart transplant Complete! Dyno 631rwhp