Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i posted a picture

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:49 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

Default RE: i posted a picture

lol that's not weird at all. every week i get a chair and spend 6-10 hours just washing and detailing and getting every speck of dust off. i even use a friggin q-tip. i have ocd when it comes to cleaning.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:52 AM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: r3velation

lol that's not weird at all. every week i get a chair and spend 6-10 hours just washing and detailing and getting every speck of dust off. i even use a friggin q-tip. i have ocd when it comes to cleaning.
Haha my car is never dirty (if I can help it)...if it does get dirty, it is only for a day or two max
Old 01-17-2008, 01:54 AM
noober
3rd Gear Member

lol, thanks a bunch. i think i'll go with one of the canons you mentioned.

it wouldn't by any chance have the capability to do something like this would it?

i really want a shot like that on the sunset strip to give it the allure of me taking off at a green.
The camera I PM'd you about CAN DO THAT (with the mentioned shutter speed option) but I'd recommend a higher end camera for something like that. XT or XTI can do that...
Old 01-17-2008, 02:00 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

oh man, i guess i'm gonna have to get me the 870. if i can do a slight variation of that freeway shot, i'm happy. i don't want anything higher-end cuz my passenger usually likes to get out of the car and take shots and if that falls out, i'm short a couple hundies plus a photographer..and i guess a friend hahahaha

i'm taking pictures tomorrow and i'm gonna be using the panasonic dmc-fx07, just wanted to know what were your thoughts on it, if you had any at all.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:01 AM
noober
3rd Gear Member

oh man, i guess i'm gonna have to get me the 870. if i can do a slight variation of that freeway shot, i'm happy. i don't want anything higher-end cuz my passenger usually likes to get out of the car and take shots and if that falls out, i'm short a couple hundies plus a photographer..and i guess a friend hahahaha

i'm taking pictures tomorrow and i'm gonna be using the panasonic dmc-fx07, just wanted to know what were your thoughts on it, if you had any at all.
[:'(] 'Nuff said.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:03 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

that bad? really? should i even take pictures tomorrow? the picture above was with that camera. i mean i don't know the first thing on taking pictures except for line up a nice shot, hit the button. i haven't effed with any of the iso settings or any of that. i guess when i get the 870, i'll have the time to learn.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:06 AM
noober
3rd Gear Member

that bad? really? should i even take pictures tomorrow? the picture above was with that camera. i mean i don't know the first thing on taking pictures except for line up a nice shot, hit the button. i haven't effed with any of the iso settings or any of that. i guess when i get the 870, i'll have the time to learn.
I'll explain it to ya if/when you get it.

As for the ISO, set it a little higher but you NEED to keep your hand steady. I think the FX07's standard ISO setting is at 80. Bump it up to 100 or 200, then retake the same picture. See how that turns out. If you have image stabilization on that camera (which I think all panasonics above the 07 do...) then utilize it and see how that works out. Use the lower ISO's when you're in a bright area and higher when you're in dark areas. Also be sure to practice with the scenic modes if you don't like doing things manually.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:09 AM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

What I have heard is to open the shutter longer and use a tripod...it takes in more of the picture or whatever
Old 01-17-2008, 02:12 AM
noober
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

What I have heard is to open the shutter longer and use a tripod...it takes in more of the picture or whatever
It just brings in more light and keeps the shutter open longer, so it combines all the movement into one picture. For instance, that picture of the highway lights is a long shutter exposure with a low ISO setting. They left the shutter open to have all the cars kind of "mesh" with their head/tail lights but the ISO (light intake) low enough to prevent a whiteout. But yeah, if you mess with shutter speed of longer than 1 second, you ABSOLUTELY need a tripod.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:13 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

nice, thanks a bunch. the higher iso did help a bit, but im still not getting the clarity that i REALLY want. haha i'm picky. hopefully i'll get the 870 soon.

Quick Reply: i posted a picture