Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bama Vs. Brenspeed

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:23 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bama Vs. Brenspeed

I also asked in the other thread: "Can someone compare the Bama 93 race tune and the Brenspeed 93 tune?"

All I got was a cocky response with no info.

Someone on here has to know the difference in these two companies' tunes.

I'd like to see the dyno info as well.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:38 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

I would imagine that most people have only one or the other, so they may like what they have or not, but they don't know about the "other" company. I use the Brenspeed 93 tune on my daily drive and I'm very happy with it. But I can't tell you anything about BAMA except what I've read here. Most people seem to be happy with whichever one they have. A couple of HP won't make a big difference. But CAI and tune vs stock makes a lot of difference.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:53 AM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

I also asked in the other thread: "Can someone compare the Bama 93 race tune and the Brenspeed 93 tune?"

All I got was a cocky response with no info.

Someone on here has to know the difference in these two companies' tunes.

I'd like to see the dyno info as well.
Exactly..... thats what I really want to know. (bama 93 race Vs. Brenspeed 93). Its annoying when I post stuff and I nver get straight answers.....
Old 01-17-2008, 12:08 PM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

It's hard to get the an answer your looking for to this question. Someone has to buy both tunes, thengo get there dyno and runonce with each tune. it sound like a lot time andmoney to find a few hp difference.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:15 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

When I first joined the forum, all I heard was Brenspeed, Brenspeed, Brenspeed. Now, there seems to be a lot of Bama, Bama, Bama. If Bama tunes are only $50, I'm sure someone on here has both of them and knows the difference in performance.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:22 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

To the OP, do yourself a favor and order both tunes. No one on here that I know of has ordered both tunes and stepped up on the dyno to compare them as BLUE stated above. You are not going to get the answer you want.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:39 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

if you people look back to all the other threads i have always stated the same thing.....I have all 3 and they are all great

Bama has a couple different ones.....
1. Torq-great power down low especially, a little less pull up in the higher RPMs (4K+)
2. Perf- Not as much down low but feels nice up top.
3. Race-almost like the 2 above combine....great down low and when you think its done and has nothing left......it keeps going up to 6K
the race might be to much for some for a DD.....but alot, including me, use it as the main tune. Third gear pulls incredibly hard on all of his tunes.

VMP also makes a great tune, very similar to brenspeeds. I like all three, Bama, brenspeed and VMP and they all have been great with my car. 3rd gear has been the best with bama but brenspeeds seems to pull a little more in 2nd sometimes over dougs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now with all of that said, a dyno will prove nothing because the margin of error on a dyno is about what the difference would be between the companies. They are all great. If you want a different answer to question then spend the money and get tunes from both and pay the $60 a pull to compare them on a dyno. Every car is different so you can take 2 cars and apply the exact same tunes and CAI on both, then dyno them and the results would be opposite......so what the hell would that prove.

There is plenty of support for easy vendor on this site that a comparison is not needed to know you will get what you paid for.

Anymore questions?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:41 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wthalliii

I would imagine that most people have only one or the other, so they may like what they have or not, but they don't know about the "other" company. I use the Brenspeed 93 tune on my daily drive and I'm very happy with it. But I can't tell you anything about BAMA except what I've read here. Most people seem to be happy with whichever one they have. A couple of HP won't make a big difference. But CAI and tune vs stock makes a lot of difference.
Very well said, but if someone wants to buy me a bama tune, I will be glad to post my butt-dyno test results,.............
Old 01-17-2008, 01:46 PM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

if you people look back to all the other threads i have always stated the same thing.....I have all 3 and they are all great

Bama has a couple different ones.....
1. Torq-great power down low especially, a little less pull up in the higher RPMs (4K+)
2. Perf- Not as much down low but feels nice up top.
3. Race-almost like the 2 above combine....great down low and when you think its done and has nothing left......it keeps going up to 6K
the race might be to much for some for a DD.....but alot, including me, use it as the main tune. Third gear pulls incredibly hard on all of his tunes.

VMP also makes a great tune, very similar to brenspeeds. I like all three, Bama, brenspeed and VMP and they all have been great with my car. 3rd gear has been the best with bama but brenspeeds seems to pull a little more in 2nd sometimes over dougs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now with all of that said, a dyno will prove nothing because the margin of error on a dyno is about what the difference would be between the companies. They are all great. If you want a different answer to question then spend the money and get tunes from both and pay the $60 a pull to compare them on a dyno. Every car is different so you can take 2 cars and apply the exact same tunes and CAI on both, then dyno them and the results would be opposite......so what the hell would that prove.

There is plenty of support for easy vendor on this site that a comparison is not needed to know you will get what you paid for.

Anymore questions?
very well put!!!! i have tried both brenspeed and bama 93 tunes. for ME PERSONALLY, the bama race tune came out the winner. could just be my taste, or the throttle response.....but to ME it felt better. keep in mind, everyones taste, and car for that matter, are different. order both and decide!!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:47 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I would like to add that just because a tune feels like it pulls harder than another doesnt mean the HP is more....This is where the tuner can manipulate the feel, hence dougs three types of tunes, spark/timing/etc can be added or subtracted to get a desired feel and not necessarily have changed the HP gains all that much.

Quick Reply: Bama Vs. Brenspeed