Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are all 05 GTs lemons or just mine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 11:36 PM
05GTMustang

Default RE: Are all 05 GTs lemons or just mine?

ORIGINAL: tammijoe

.....I have had my car for over 3 months now and it is also popping in the front end, they keep telling me that it was a rock stuck in it, but I think it is more then that, sad part is I work for the dealership......
Tammijoe,

In another forum site this was addressed and it was only on the manual transmission vehicles. The fixes for them were replacement of some front end parts found bad. I'm sorry but I don't remember which parts but this may be some useful info for you to start with. Good luck
Old 03-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

Regarding "buy backs"... you must realize that if the factory or dealership buys back your car you are sh*t out of luck getting a refund of the sales tax that you paid! Big loss there.
Use the lemon law as much as possible.

Secondly, in real estate the motto is "location, location, location". For the lemon law it is "documentation, documentation, documentation" and "notify Ford, notify Ford, notify Ford". Stay on it. Do not relent.

A few years ago, a buddy of mine had a problem with his Mark 8 Lincoln engine making a clanking noise when he turned the engine off. The dealership could not find the problem. They hooked it up via land line to a factory computer in Detroit and noticed a problem. Ford flew a brand new engine out (the car had 13,000 miles on it at the time which had new altenator, and other brand new engine components attached) and replaced the entire engine. Ford shipped the defective engine back to Detroit to research what was wrong. This, only after constant persistance and impecable documentation got it done! It also pays to stay on top of technical service bulletins (TSB's).
Good Luck
Old 03-25-2005, 12:21 AM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

Duke...the volume on my shaker system kept going up and down by its self. The one day I went to start my car and the radio drained my battery....the car was dead. Called Ford and they sent a wrecker. Got a new battery but was up set this happen since I live in a rural area.
Hopefully the amps will be in next week. Ford has told my dealership that the man that designed the shaker system is working on the amps, and is testing them to make sure they work.

05GT, I have the manual trans....I am going to take it in next week, I was just waiting on the amps to come in, but looks like I will have to get it in and have it checked.

As far as the buy back is concerned, I have already been thur a buy back and I got my money back for the taxes and also go back my money on any adds. It just depends on the lemon law rules for your state. I also got so much per mile. It just depends on how long it takes for each state. The lemon law here was going to take a lot longer to settle then doing the buy back. So it just depends on the state and how long you want to wait on a return.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:44 AM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

This is another reason why I wouldn't buy a new model vehicle in its first year. All manufacturers have their quirks when introducing a new model or design.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:41 AM
airbornefudd

has anyone else having the "popping" noise in the front and rear end? i've had mine for about 2 months, another friend of mine has had his about a week less then me, both of them have around 3000 miles on it and they are both popping at low speeds like pulling in or out of a driveway.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:53 AM
05GTMustang

ORIGINAL: airbornefudd

has anyone else having the "popping" noise in the front and rear end? i've had mine for about 2 months, another friend of mine has had his about a week less then me, both of them have around 3000 miles on it and they are both popping at low speeds like pulling in or out of a driveway.
From my post above:
[quote]:ORIGINAL: tammijoe

.....I have had my car for over 3 months now and it is also popping in the front end, they keep telling me that it was a rock stuck in it, but I think it is more then that, sad part is I work for the dealership......

Tammijoe,

In another forum site this was addressed and it was only on the manual transmission vehicles. The fixes for them were replacement of some front end parts found bad. I'm sorry but I don't remember which parts but this may be some useful info for you to start with. Good luck [/quoate]

Old 03-25-2005, 02:05 AM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:37 AM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Damn! Now you guys have me afraid to drive my car! I have 716 trouble-free miles on it so far. I'm afraid the next time I take it out, the cd player wont work right, the hood will shake, the gas tank wont fill right, the suspension will make popping noises.......and who knows what the hell all?! Last weekend I took the vapor trap out and haven't driven it yet. Now I dont know what to expect. Untill I read all these complaints, I thought Ford really had their Fece-Cohese, if ya get what I mean! One thing for sure, I'll be looking at the lil car with a more scrutinising eye from now on.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

I picked up my car 4 days ago. I have 125 miles on it so far. I havent noticed anything at all so far. I was estatic about the car but now this thread has me nervous as hell,...

What exactly happens with the gas tanks?? I havent had to fill mine yet. This weekend will be my 1st refill & Im scared to see whats going to happen.

I havent even hit 90mph yet either so I havent noticed the hood shake. I'll definately be looking though, and the popping noise as well,...the radio seems fine but with 125 miles on it you can see, Ive barely driven it.

Keeping my fingers crossed,....
Old 03-25-2005, 09:38 PM
milleo5

I have 1200 miles on my GT and other than having to have the shaker 500 replaced twice it has been running great.. Boy do I love this car!!

Quick Reply: Are all 05 GTs lemons or just mine?