Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do they still make foose mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:38 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Do they still make foose mustangs?

Lots available still in Phoenix for sticker and less!!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Foose helped design the Shelby GT500E in the movie "Gone in 60 sec" but I thought that Unique Performance was told to stop making the movie car becausethe VIN'son the 67-68model year stangs not being submitted to the State while they were buying up all the old ones and rebuilding from scratch! (you know the 150,000 dollar ones).....They are still making the Foose stallion stangs from what I have read!2 totally different things Correct me if I am wrong I just read the article in one of my stang magazines J
ORIGINAL: Blackhawk

No, they are all gone. Confiscated by the Feds during the raid on Unique Performance.
I know there were supposed to be 55 cars or so converted to the Foose Stallion. I had "heard" that approx 30 or so had made it out the door before the raid.

Don't know if that means those cars will eventually show up at auctions or what?

Unique Performance was making all of their cars "signature" cars with support from Foose and Shelby. The shop is completely closed down, and any Foose Stallion you see had left the shop before the November Raid(sounds like a Guns 'N' Roses song, LOL!)
Old 01-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

Here's the actual clip from the article that was posted as a link for your reading pleasure.

Keep in mind the raid happened on Nov 6, 2007(if my memory serves me correct)

FOOSE DESIGN TERMINATES ALL LICENSING AND BUSINESS ACTIVITIES WITH UNIQUE PERFORMANCE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (Nov. 9, 2007) - Foose Design announced today that effective immediately it has terminated all licensing and all business activities with Texas-based Unique Performance, Unique Performance Concepts and related companies. This termination includes the limited production of all vehicles formerly licensed to Unique including but not limited to, the Foose Mustang Stallion, Foose Camaro, Foose Challenger, Foose Motorcycle and the sales and marketing of the "Hemisfear", also known as the "Foose Coupe", manufactured by Metalcrafters. Foose Design has clearly stated that it no longer has any affiliation with Unique, and encourages customers to understand that Unique no longer has any rights to Foose intellectual property, the Foose name, image, likeness, logos or designs regarding any project.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:04 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

So that sucks but it makes your car a one of a kind many years down the road!. Cant Foose just sign on with someone else and support them?
Old 01-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

I'm sure he could, but he might be more interested in just getting through all the latest garbage.

The place that did my car, has only done mine, but said they were probably going to do more.
Now, my car is an exact replica of the car Chip did on the show Overhaulin, not the 'Foose Stallion', but I think that makes it's even more unique.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:11 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Love the look of your car and thanks for the info.....you are now the last of a dying (dead) breed......take care of that awesome ride! J
Old 01-19-2008, 06:25 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Well if anyone finds out how to get Foose Stallion side skirts PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:49 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Unique gone, is good for the original Fastbacks.
So many of those cars have been butchered to make that 20 gallon Bondo Eleanor[:'(].
Those cars will never be worth a sh#t. No resale value.

Jay Leno should buy them all and convert them to their original condition, or do a decent restomod with them.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

Well, you could always buy the Year One metal body and build your own. There's absolutely zero difference between the original and the Year One body, except for the year(which only you'll know).
Old 01-20-2008, 02:19 AM
djmac95
2nd Gear Member

Hey Blackhawk do you have more pics of your car? Not familiar with the Overhaulin' 05+.

Quick Reply: Do they still make foose mustangs?