Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CDC Agressive Chin + Lowering = bad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

Default CDC Agressive Chin + Lowering = bad?

I put a CDC Agressive chin on my baby before I shipped her and DAYUM that thing sits low how much can I lower it with it still being drivable? Keep the tips to first hand or reliable tips only dont wanna base this on a hunch
Old 01-18-2008, 06:38 PM
rdiaz89
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: CDC Agressive Chin + Lowering = bad?

i have the Eibach Pro-Kit with the cdc aggresive chin and it sits low! Did you paint your chin spoiler the same color as car or matte black?
Old 01-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

same color as car... thought about matte black but I am getting twin matte black racing stripes I think so I wanted a same color chin
Old 01-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rdiaz89

i have the Eibach Pro-Kit with the cdc aggresive chin and it sits low! Did you paint your chin spoiler the same color as car or matte black?
how much does eibach's kit lower the front end?
Old 01-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I've got the regular cdc chin spoiler on an unlowered car. Purchased it paintedand wish I hadn't. It looks like 3 kinds of crap now after 6 months []. It would have probably been ripped completely off by now if I was lowered .
Old 01-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rubrignitz

I've got the regular cdc chin spoiler on an unlowered car. Purchased it paintedand wish I hadn't. It looks like 3 kinds of crap now after 6 months []. It would have probably been ripped completely off by now if I was lowered .
yikes the agressive is like an extra inch lower too especially in the middle where it comes way out and dips down
Old 01-18-2008, 06:45 PM
rdiaz89
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ortoch

same color as car... thought about matte black but I am getting twin matte black racing stripes I think so I wanted a same color chin
To be honest with you man i cant enter some driveways without scraping, thats why i painted it matte black so i can just paint over it when it scrapes! The eibach pro kit lowers (front) 1.3 (rear) 1.4! i would suggest a set of springs that dont lower it as much do to being a major pain painting over it when you got 3 coats to apply! BTW the stripe idea you have in mind will look badass!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:49 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

Bad drivers[8D]

Can't lie, I have the classic and I've had it painted 3 times already in about a year. (I'm lowered 2")
Old 01-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rdiaz89

ORIGINAL: Ortoch

To be honest with you man i cant enter some driveways without scraping, thats why i painted it matte black so i can just paint over it when it scrapes! The eibach pro kit lowers (front) 1.3 (rear) 1.4! i would suggest a set of springs that dont lower it as much do to being a major pain painting over it when you got 3 coats to apply! BTW the stripe idea you have in mind will look badass!
Thats what I am afriad of due to the fact that I have a trailer for my car that has a 32 degree incline on the ramp that I think will rub all the way up it... grrr I gota lower it though maybe I could just get taller tires up front and lower the back
Old 01-18-2008, 08:25 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Sorry if I am imposing since I do not have first hand experience with the CDC aggressive, but when I was shopping for a chin spoiler I did a lot of research on them.

From what I can remember, the classic and aggressive both have the same clearance. However, the aggressive does protrude forward more than the classic, and this extra length in the front will give more problems on inclines than the classic. Don't know if this helps, but it's always better to have all the info. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Quick Reply: CDC Agressive Chin + Lowering = bad?