Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer service takes a joy ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 03:33 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Default Dealer service takes a joy ride

This is a letter I just sent my dealer:

Ed,
I had my 2005 Mustang GT in for service yesterday.
My service rep is Nathan.
It was in to have the ventilation fan hooked up, as it didn’t work, probably was unplugged by the radio replacement guy the last time I was in.
Nathan took the car back after a walk around. The waiting room was hot so I stayed outside leaning on the rail. After some time, I saw my car being driven off to the west in your service area and disappear from my sight. I asked Nathan where it was going and he said that the car wash was back there, I stated the car had been washed three hours prior to my arrival and it didn’t need it, he then said that it may be being parked there, as the whole area was a parking lot.
I waited a while longer, and then sees Nathan pull it up for me. He said that they were test driving it to make sure everything worked ok, I said a fan motor doesn’t require a test drive and that that sounded “odd” He then said that “there was a salesman that liked the color of my car, he had the silver one with black stripes, and was looking at it”.

Question 1:
Since there are FOUR Legend Lime V6 cars on your lot right now (I walked around some yesterday) and he already owns a GT, why didn’t he just check them out?

Question 2:
Since when is it ok to let a customer wait longer than needed just for one of your employees to drool over a customers car?

I think, that it was off on a joy ride, and they didn’t expect me to see it, then came up with a way to blow smoke up my **** so I wouldn’t say anything.

Can you explain to me why a vent fan needs a test drive when the fan was only unplugged?

Sincerely
Marty Showalter
Old 03-24-2005, 03:58 PM
MrAWatts
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer service takes a joy ride

Good job with that letter, I don't blame you. A dealer has no right to put extra miles, or make a customer wait extra hours for their pleasure.

My uncle got an 03 boxster and an 03 corvette in 2003. He had the Vette for 3 or 4 months and it was making a noise. He took it to the dealer t get it checked out. That night the dealer decided he was going to drive it home, and that my uncle would never know. He crashed it and it was totaled on the way to his house. They offered to fix it, but they won't buy him another one. They have been in a lawsuit over it ever since then. You have to watch out for those ppl there driving your car man, if they do damage to it it could be ugly!
Old 03-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Lugn
1st Gear Member

Go get 'em, Tiger!!

Seriously, what a f*cked up way to act.
And then, when you get caught, lie about it.... Jeezzzz
Old 03-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I am president of the 'my Ford dealership screwed me club'. Welcome to the club.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:21 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

YOU GET'EM! I had mine in for a speed (72mph) warning / beeping. I did my own research and found one other 05 owner, who had the same exact problem. He told me, the final fix was to have the dealer pull down the code from Ford and re-flash your dash! So, I made my appointment and explained the Exact issue & fix! Drop it off at 9:00am. Called around noon, to see if it was ready! Nope, still working on it! OK, so I call back again around 2:00-2:30, how's the car? Still working on it. OK, well I'll be there at 4:30 (to pick it up fixed or not, I'm taking it home) but didn't tell them that! I get there and I hear, Well Mr. Stephens', you were exactly right. We just need to flash a new program in it, but our link to Ford has been down all day. You'll have to come back another day! Great, so even though I told you exactly what it was ad how to fix it, I still left it here all day of nothing, even though you ALREADY knew your link was down? Dumb-a$$'s. Then, I get into my car and guess what! 25 miles have been added to it [sm=chairshot.gif][sm=crossbonesgif.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=guilty.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
I'm so pissed, I leave and then call back. Well Mr. Stephens, the tech had to test drive it, then was told by Ford to try a few things and then re-test drive it again. I said, WHAT IN THE HELL COULD FORD TELL YOU, OTHER THAN TO RE-FLASH THE COMPUTER? )Nothing, you stuipd #%&* ) I tried to stay clam, but he knew I was really pissed about this 'so called 25 test drive' I finally went back the next week and got it fixed, but while I waited and they didn't test drive it, I DID! I really don't want to go back there, EVER, but they are only 3 miles from my work. Makes it real hard to go to another dealer, because the other one is 18 miles away. Can't get work done, while I'm at work if I go somewhere else. But at least now, they know I'm always going to doublecheck my milege. So, when you go to get service and the service manager ask you, 'how many miles on your car now' (which is a standard question they ask) say exactly what you have, 1368.3 miles! They know now, I know EXACTLY the miles, to the 1/10th!

Dave...
Old 03-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I'm so pissed, I leave and then call back. Well Mr. Stephens, the tech had to test drive it, then was told by Ford to try a few things and then re-test drive it again. I said, WHAT IN THE HELL COULD FORD TELL YOU, OTHER THAN TO RE-FLASH THE COMPUTER? )Nothing, you stuipd #%&* ) I tried to stay clam, but he knew I was really pissed about this 'so called 25 test drive' I finally went back the next week and got it fixed, but while I waited and they didn't test drive it, I DID! I really don't want to go back there, EVER, but they are only 3 miles from my work. Makes it real hard to go to another dealer, because the other one is 18 miles away. Can't get work done, while I'm at work if I go somewhere else. But at least now, they know I'm always going to doublecheck my milege. So, when you go to get service and the service manager ask you, 'how many miles on your car now' (which is a standard question they ask) say exactly what you have, 1368.3 miles! They know now, I know EXACTLY the miles, to the 1/10th!
...At least they didn't crash your car! -But seriously, I'm glad you stuck it to 'em. Dealerships have been jacking around customers forever, and I say make a stand. -Like you did. People need to do that more often.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

Marty,
I would like to know how they respond to this. Please update us when you get their response. You are doing exactly what I would do. I would have to write to them too, because I would be way to pissed to talk face to face and remain sane!
Old 03-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

My dealer put about 30 miles on my car "looking for a rattle". I'm never going back there.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:11 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shifty

My dealer put about 30 miles on my car "looking for a rattle". I'm never going back there.
Yes, 30 miles is to much. But, I would expect some miles on it, if they are 'looking' for something or some noise. But, in showam1 case & mine, they were not looking for something. Showam1's problem didn't even require a drive at all, other then into & out of the shop. Mine should have had a test drive, AFTER they re-flashed it, and NOT 25 miles!
A good dearler / repair guy is hard to find & worth his weight in gold once you do get one!
Dave...
Old 03-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05SatinSilver

ORIGINAL: Shifty

Yes, 30 miles is to much. But, I would expect some miles on it, if they are 'looking' for something or some noise. But, in showam1 case & mine, they were not looking for something. Showam1's problem didn't even require a drive at all, other then into & out of the shop. Mine should have had a test drive, AFTER they re-flashed the it, and NOT 25 miles!
A good dearler / repair guy is hard to find & worth his weight in gold once you do get one!
Dave...
It was the heat sheild rattle that you can hear when the car is idling. I even told them where it was.

Quick Reply: Dealer service takes a joy ride