Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood pins update

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:12 AM
NamelessLiar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Hood pins update

Here's my question....

Even if he bought the hoodpins that had SHELBY printed on them...is that even wrong? Cause I mean..if it's a Shelby part then it isn't like you're presenting your car as a Shelby. I personally want a set of Razors and they have SHELBY stamped into them...but I don't consider that "posing" because it is a genuine Shelby part.

I know this isn't supposed to be a BS post about posing..but this was a question that I've had because I've considered swapping from my FRPP hoodpins to a Shelby set but Jesus Christ if it's gonna erupt a firestorm if your S197 has something that caroll shelby may have envisioned in a wet dream...then I'm not going to freaking bother. I'm stepping off my soapbox now but shame on you forflaming him on a job well done....
Old 01-21-2008, 05:24 AM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

dont listen to is guy. YOur car looks great i would wanna see more pic s of it actually. What rear spoiler do you have ?
-LEO

Old 01-21-2008, 09:16 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I just dont see how its a Shelby poser! It doesnt say Shelby anywhere on the car?? It says GT-350, but since theres no existance of a GT-350 in the current Mustangs, it would seem its his creation rather than a poser. How can you be a poser for something that doesn't even exist in the first place???

I'm wondering if we're all posers by driving a 'Mustang' thats meant to imitate the WWII airplane. These things can't even take off and we're naming them after fighter planes!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:44 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NamelessLiar

Here's my question....

Even if he bought the hoodpins that had SHELBY printed on them...is that even wrong? Cause I mean..if it's a Shelby part then it isn't like you're presenting your car as a Shelby. I personally want a set of Razors and they have SHELBY stamped into them...but I don't consider that "posing" because it is a genuine Shelby part.

I know this isn't supposed to be a BS post about posing..but this was a question that I've had because I've considered swapping from my FRPP hoodpins to a Shelby set but Jesus Christ if it's gonna erupt a firestorm if your S197 has something that caroll shelby may have envisioned in a wet dream...then I'm not going to freaking bother. I'm stepping off my soapbox now but shame on you forflaming him on a job well done....
You can still change, they make that style in both, shelby and plain. But keep in mind, your holes will not line up with the brackets from the scott drake (shelby pins)
Old 01-21-2008, 04:48 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerseyblood

Redfire Shelby uses the same, Scott Drake....So now that this has turned into my side stripe thread, Im still wondering what I should put on them. I like the looks of the side stripbut dont like them with nothing.They will stay until I come up with something.
I can't help you with the stripes. Thats not an area I am really looking of going into. I want to do double full body stripes. But people are telling me no, my car is to clean and should not add them
Old 01-21-2008, 05:00 PM
dilysio8

uhh.. i have those same hood pins on my 08 v6 i think they look nice im also looking to get the shelby razors also....afterwards i will hang my head in shame i guess ok iwill crawl back under my rock for now
Old 01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Chrome 18 or 20" Razors FTMW. Also. You guys realize that the razors are actually made by american racing wheels? It just has the shelby stamp on them, just like the hood pins
Old 01-21-2008, 05:08 PM
dilysio8

18' ya i know i like how they look seen pic. of them i figured i would by the wheels now and the car later
Old 01-21-2008, 05:14 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

I just dont see how its a Shelby poser! It doesnt say Shelby anywhere on the car?? It says GT-350, but since theres no existance of a GT-350 in the current Mustangs, it would seem its his creation rather than a poser. How can you be a poser for something that doesn't even exist in the first place???

I'm wondering if we're all posers by driving a 'Mustang' thats meant to imitate the WWII airplane. These things can't even take off and we're naming them after fighter planes!

They are named after wild horse.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:19 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

How dida thread about hood pins get dragged into this poser bull$hit topic? You guys gotta give it a rest. Come on man, you got 1800+ posts and you are still bringing up B.S. that doesn't seem to come up that much anymore. Lets set a good example for the newbies on this forum and show some respect to jerseyblood for the nice car that he has created.
Joe, I should listen to you more often[8D]... Wise like Yoda you are.
But I'mglad toadmit that I'm a 69/70 Mach1 poser.

Quick Reply: Hood pins update