Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how did you get the fuel pump tsb done.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 07:38 AM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: how did you get the fuel pump tsb done.

I understand it to be an 06 and earlier thing....My 06 has the issue, my 07 does not.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Find a good dealer as they should replace the TSB and not require an hour drive to replicate. I printed out the TSB and took it with me and they replaced it with no questions asked.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:52 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

No hesitation on my '07. I took mine in for the front end thunk AKA sturt mount replacement. I picked it up with 43 more miles on it. Joy riding bastads.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:57 AM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

Print the TSB before you go in. I wish I had done that, it would have been quicker than having them look it up. I had to pretty much raise hell with the tech that was working on my car first, then bitch at the service manager a little. I had told them I was bringing it in because of that TSB and the TSB # was on the paper work when they started checking the car yet NOBODY had thought to look it up. The dealership I went to was cooperative somewhat after they realized I was going to let everyone in the shop know they weren't going to fix my car because the computer didn't tell them what was wrong. Mine has ran fine since they swapped the pump.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: btorlv

How did you guys get yours replaced without the dealer driving you stang for an hour?
I guess I got lucky since my engine light came on when mine was messing up.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

While driving from NJ to FL, nearly 2 years after purchase I pull into a gas station to get some gas. Remember this is while going on I-95 at about 70-90 mph continuous for around 14 hours. Fill her up and then when I try to pull out the car stalls... Do it again and give it nearly half throttle and she moves a little bit, more throttle and moves a little more. This is the TSB. You more or less can give it full throttle and then it'll move but we all know that's not supposed to be the case.

Took it to the local ford dealer down here, and the service guy was quite nice and knowledgeable... Explained to him the case and he had it replaced, no questions asked. The service was unbelieveable because I thought I'd have to fight ten service guys and come out on top in order to get Ford to do anything... On a same note, my exhaust was making some noise after having a shop in NJ put my 40 series flowmasters on. Turns out he did it poorly and Ford said to fix it, they will charge me labor. So this same, great service dealer, ended up just turning my Over-axle and calling it a day. Crooked exhaust pipe, still making noise... Bringing it in tomorrow for them to hopefully 'fix it' I paid for it... might as well do the job right.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Printed the TSB (2 copies)Faxed one to my ford dealer ATTN: My service advisor
Called the dealer service Guy and told him that my car had the problems listed in the TSB, told him that he had a fax waiting for him. he placed me on hold and went to get it. Came back and asked when I wanted to bring it in? I said Blah Blah morning first thing.
Showed up with my car on scheduled day 8AM
Did the typical walk around my car with my service advisor to show him as I always do that there are NO SCRATCHES, DENTS, MARKS, DAMAGE TO BODY KIT OR WHEELS. ALSO OPENED both doors to show that in interior was spotless. this is the part we review the mods I have done since the last visit an how my car has progressed. (Note I return nothing to stock for service)
Step #5 He calls ONE OF ONLY TWO TECHS THAT ARE ALLOWED TO WORK ON MY CAR to come up. Tech arrives and smiles and asks what I am doing this time? Service guys then says you know Mr. Walker and his car well and you know the routine. He jokes and says "I know, I know. the service guy hands him the TSB and reviews what he needs to do then he gingerly drives my car away. As it pulls away from my line of site I always listen for the exhaust goosing around the corner as you can hear it around the corner and it is in the garage.

I went to grab a biite to eat and do some shopping in the loaner car that they give me. Lunch time I return (12:30) and my car is sitting in the service drop off spot alone waiting for me.

No more TSB problem.

I remember this so well because it is exactly the same ever time I go there for a TSB or anything. Only thing that changes is the TSB# and the amount of time that the TSB in question calls for.

****? Yes. My car that I paid for? Yes! Am I the customer? Yes

Good luck

Old 01-20-2008, 07:10 PM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

i havent had this issue yet but ill make sure to get it fixed before the warranty expires
Old 01-20-2008, 07:31 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

All I did was print the TSB and hand it to them with my keys. No further questions.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

This is an 05-06 issue only. Fixed at some point in the middle of the 06 model year. Your dealer should be able to look up the VIN#'s that are affected. I went to the dealer, told them it hesitated when trying to take off at the bottom of an exit ramp after driving for a couple hours on the expressway. The service manager got the VIN# of my car, took my keys, had someone drive me to work and had someone pick me up after work (20 mins each way) and I haven't had the issue since. The paperwork mentioned the TSB.

Quick Reply: how did you get the fuel pump tsb done.