Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Int. Upgrade and Premier Trim

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:46 PM
07MustangGT_girl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Int. Upgrade and Premier Trim

You guys all have it wrong!

Okay,I have an 07 GT Premium. I got both the Interior Upgrade and Premium Trim. The Interior Upgrade is very popular and most Mustang GTs are ordered w/ it. This adds either the aluminum trim or the charcoal woven stuff across the dash, mycolor dash, and just the nicer trim. The Premium Trim adds the leather stitched dash and the second color accent (in my case I got black/grey) and I believe an aluminum shifter ****. Here's what mine looks like w/ both of these packages:

sorry, not the best picture but you get the idea
Old 01-23-2008, 04:58 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Just some confusion, not wrong. I was talking about the Mustang GT Premium, not some premium trim .
Old 01-23-2008, 05:07 PM
gearhed289
1st Gear Member

Interior Upgrade Package with MyColorâ„¢ includes bright polished six-gauge instrument cluster with MyColorâ„¢ feature, bright shift **** and satin register vents with satin aluminum spokes on steering wheel, door latches, door scuff plate. Also includes message center, leather wrapped steering wheel and Dark Charcoal Aberdeen pattern front door panel inserts

Sport Appearance Package with Color Accent includes leather-wrapped steering wheel with satin aluminum spokes, aluminum pedal covers, satin aluminum-plated shifter lever w/automatic or bright shift **** with manual transmission plus Black interior components (seats, carpet, mats, and front door panel inserts), cloth or leather seats providing contrast in Graphite and Parchment interiors

Premier Trim with Color Accent Package includes aluminum pedal covers, sport bucket leather front/rear seating surfaces (Chamois, Red, Black, Dove or Parchment) with matching color front door trim inserts and floor mats, Dark Charcoal environment and carpet, bright shift **** (manual transmission), satin aluminum-plated shift lever (automatic transmission), wrapped and stitched instrument panel brow, console lid, upgraded door armrests (requires Interior Upgrade Package and leather seat trim)

Confused yet? [&:]
Old 01-23-2008, 05:11 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Not any more.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
jonnystang08
1st Gear Member

lol i think i got it now... 07MustangGT_Girl helped clear it up a bunch seeing as how her interior is the look i want. It seems to be the closest to the C/S without ordering the C/S. I like the C/S but i'm just gonna scrap the bumpers so it's not worth the 1800 dollar option or however much it is....then again...the polished wheels plus the cost of the two kits....almost gets there alone....

so its the interior upgrade package and premier trim w/ color accent for me with black/ gray...makes mental note... now just have to not get confused for three more months... thats the moment when i shall order it... was gonna do vista blue but then decided i really want to make a statement...red was out so it's looking like i am going grabber orange!

thank you everyone for your assistance...means a bunch
Old 01-24-2008, 01:25 PM
mrluckycharm00
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: mrluckycharm00

ORIGINAL: jonnystang08

Ok, forgive the slowness for the moment... I think I have been studying this to long and just managed to confuse myself. What is the difference between the interior upgrade packages and the premier trim with color accent packages? Some things seem different and some seem the same but for some reason certain colors, like blue, only allow one or the other while orange allows both.

Does the premier trim let the interior look like the cali special interior? I like the look of the major trim pieces like door panels, dash, center console...being the same color then the door inserts and seat trim being another color or even the whole seat being a different color. From what it looked like the premier package gave you different accents and aluminum pedals while the aluminum everything else appeared in both packages....perhaps someone knows enough to put this in dummies comparisons? thanks for any help available.

I had the exact same question almost a year ago when I was about to order my car, and nobody seemed to be able to help. Not even my dealer. Go Figure!

The interior upgrade package comes with the MyColor feature and the aluminum trim panel around the shifter as well as the aluminum door handle. The premier trim package includes a different shifter ****, aluminum pedal covers, and a stitched dash panel. It also includes a two tone interior, unless you choose black or parchment (I think). Then it becomes a monotone interior. For example, when I ordered my car, I got both the interior upgrade package as well as the premier trim. Since I had a black interior, and the color accents were also black, my entire interior was black. Basically it's the same as the C/S interior.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you want some pics.

What year is your car because the info you discribe doesn't jive with a 2007. On a 2007, we get no trim around the the pedals or stitched dash. Basically the int upgrade is the satin dash panel. Don't know if the satin shifter trim is standard on a Premium or if it is included in the int upgrd pkg. Premo does add the shaker 500 with 6 cd.
You're getting a GT Deluxe mixed up with a GT Premium. The GT premium does include leather seats and the Shaker 500. The premier trim package is something totally different and included a stitched dash panel, aluminum pedal covers, and a different shifter **** as well as the "California Special" two tone leather seats. And yes, I do have a 2007 GT premium with the interior upgrade package AND the premier trim package.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:31 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

No. I WAS getting them mixed up. I have a GT premo and know what comes with it. It was the "premium" and the "premier" terms that were confusing.