Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Axle Mis-Allignment?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:55 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

Default Rear Axle Mis-Allignment?

hey guys
so, i had a bunch of suspension goodies installed last week, and since then i've taken the car to a reputable shop to get it alligned. just out of curiosity, i decided to check the rear axle allignment the other night, to make sure it was even (i have a new phb installed). according to my calculations, it looks as if the driver's side is about a 1/4" off from the passenger's side.
questions:
1. is the rear axle supposed to be exactly, perfectly even after a drop (eibach pro kit & tokicos)?
2. wouldn't the shop have fixed this? the numbers are all within factory specs now and the ride is great
3. should i leave well enough alone?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:57 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Rear Axle Mis-Allignment?

This does not really answer your question.. but mine was about that amount off fromt the factory. When I had the Steeda Sport springs installed.. it's even now. I figure there is a little room for error.

ORIGINAL: ink003

hey guys
so, i had a bunch of suspension goodies installed last week, and since then i've taken the car to a reputable shop to get it alligned. just out of curiosity, i decided to check the rear axle allignment the other night, to make sure it was even (i have a new phb installed). according to my calculations, it looks as if the driver's side is about a 1/4" off from the passenger's side.
questions:
1. is the rear axle supposed to be exactly, perfectly even after a drop (eibach pro kit & tokicos)?
2. wouldn't the shop have fixed this? the numbers are all within factory specs now and the ride is great
3. should i leave well enough alone?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I measured mine and adjusted the rear end until it was sitting perfectly in the center of the rear of your car. Some have said it will effect handling but I never drove it like that.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:16 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

When you lower the car, your wheels are going to be off center. If you don't have an adjustable phb. I don't believe its fixable. I wouldn't go off where the pumpkin is in the center of the car because in some cars its off center. Mines off after lowering also
Old 01-23-2008, 01:33 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

After my Roush Springs ... my driver sidewheel sticks out 3/4 inch further thanthe passenger side when measured via 1/4 panel lip. I have an adjustable panhard bar to put in once the weather gets warmer to split the difference and get it back in the middle.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:44 PM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

hmm, the difference on mine is so minimal, maybe i should just leave it... a shop did do my allignment, and everything is within spec... i hate to mess with it if it's unneccesary. if it ain't broke you know?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:54 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Did you get Adjustable PHB and LCAs?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:54 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ink003

hmm, the difference on mine is so minimal, maybe i should just leave it... a shop did do my allignment, and everything is within spec... i hate to mess with it if it's unneccesary. if it ain't broke you know?
I wouldn't touch mine .. except I have an annoying vibration at 50 MPH I am trying to diagnose ... so I am trying to rule out everything I can ... including driveshaft alignment.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:13 PM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

Did you get Adjustable PHB and LCAs?
yeah, my phb is adj. my lca's aren't but, but i have relocation brackets installed.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:29 PM
black S197
3rd Gear Member

Mine was off the same amount. Center that axle w/your adjustable bar. I had to adjust mine. My drivers side tire would rub when the suspension compressed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/50298/F0EF480BF9C641F6BC6B39223D47BA91.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Rear Axle Mis-Allignment?