Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to get rid of a tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Trying to get rid of a tune

Call Ford! Get in touch with your local Better Business Bureau. This dealership sounds like they don't know what there doing(or care). Plus each state has laws concerning used cars. Somebody needs to lean on this dealer. Any competent dealer should be able to reflash your car back to stock very easily. I would also run premium gas till you resolve this problem. By the way, nice looking car.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:12 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

OOPS!! Sorry,didn't know you got it from a Dodge dealer 6 months ago. Go have a talk with your local Ford dealer,still shouldn't cost much to reflash back to stock.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 PM
cnewsom3
1st Gear Member

Yeah the dealership really doesn't give a care now. After they made the deal they really haven't shown any concern. They acted like they really cared during the sale and would've done anything to make the sale. I wish I would've known about the tune before I bought the car. And any dealership should be able to reflash my car? So that means that the dodge dealership would be able to reflash my car. I might have to go in there knowing that and demand that they do that for me.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 PM
xtremesaleen
2nd Gear Member

They should still be able to work with you. They put it on their lot and sold it they have to stand by it in some respect.

In the mean time make a few phone calls to area ford dealers and see if anyone can help you out.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:20 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

try playing stupid. if the car has a warrenty, take it into another dealer "say i just baught this car, id rather deal with you guys. i am having engine trouble, its not running right." they will prob look over the engine, hook it up to the computer, and reflash the PCM. then say its running right now, and make up some excuse for the problem. make **** up, you gatta BS when it comes with dealerships.

worth a try!
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-23-2008, 10:22 PM
cnewsom3
1st Gear Member

Yeah I'll look into that tomorrow and give a few ford dealerships a call and see what they can do. Hopefully they'll be able to work with me and give me a deal on it. If not it might just be worth paying a little to get it off the car so I can order a new tuner and CAI.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:31 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

i know for a fact that dealers can return it to stock. its just a matter if they will do it, for free or a fee. its up to them.

i bet you if you call around enough, you will find one that will do it for nothing.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:42 PM
cnewsom3
1st Gear Member

Well I do now know that I can get this problem taken care of. A few people i've talked to have told me they didn't think there is anything thatI could do without that tuner that has my stock tune on it. So now I have hope on fixing this problem. Thank you for the input everyone. Much appreciated.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:24 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

read this

http://www.brenspeed.com/tech/dealerflash.html
Old 01-24-2008, 08:10 AM
cnewsom3
1st Gear Member

Well I'm deffinately going to try the playing dumb idea. Just hopefully they wont charge me anything, or little to nothing. Any idea on how much it will cost me if they do charge me?

Quick Reply: Trying to get rid of a tune