Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Alarms

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 01:12 AM
eddieval5
3rd Gear Member

Default Aftermarket Alarms

So heres the low down. While i was out at my sisters graduation my little brother who was home alone calls me and tells me that someone tried to steal one of our car. He said when he left our house he saw a white car pulled up on our drive way and peeked into my car then walked to my front door my guess to see if someone was home. My bro followed them to walmart but only to get the cars plates. We reported it already but still want a security system for more comfort to me. This is the second time something like this happened. So i would like to know what kind of aftermarket alarms are available. Id like somekind of device that the police can track and shut down with a push of a button(on my request). What do you guys recommend?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:25 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Aftermarket Alarms

i would go with the viper
Old 01-26-2008, 01:39 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

viper + get a subscription to lo-jack. i got it installed the first week of getting my car and let me tell you, this wasn't the first car i had with it either. my other car (benz ml320) got jacked and i was like flippin out so i called lojack and gave them my id number and pin and they had all the cops search for it. it works by a radio frequency and it can pinpoint cars up to i think 50-100 yards. so if there's 10 cops out looking in one neighborhood, the chances are very high as most people won't be able to find a 1.5inch x 1.5inch black box that's capable of being placed anywhere in the car. got the car back in 3 hours and no damage.

still look behind my shoulder every now and then, but i know my car is going to be safe.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:09 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

http://www.mymobileguardian.com/

YOU can track it and shut it down with the push of a button.....You can also speed limit, track it on line any time you like, valet mode, etc. etc......

Mike
Old 01-26-2008, 10:16 AM
07MustangGT_girl
2nd Gear Member

+1 to the Viper alarm. Mine is great, you can adjust the sensitivity w/ the remote and has quite the range to alert you when and where if there is any damage. Lojack sounds like it would be a fairly inexpensive way to protect it as well.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:08 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

I had the top of the line Viper 2 way on my truck and loved it.

On my mustang I have the top of the lineClifford 2 way and like it too.

With either Viper or Clifford i don't think you can go wrong. You can change ur settings such as siren noises, sensativity, backlight, engline cut off, etc.. with both systems. Make sure you have an authorized deal install them tho i heard it is pretty tricky unless you have done it before.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:31 PM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

+1 on the viper. I have the viper 2 way. it has a 1 mile range to notify you if something is wrong with the vehicle. it will make noise and vibrate kind of like a phone. and you cant go wrong with remote start. its pretty fun to show it off every once and a while.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:41 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

It doesn't make sense that someone would walk up to your front door to see if you were home and risk being seen. If I was a thief, I would stay out of sight and in the driveway away from your front door and windows while I work on your car.Could've been anything but not likely a thief...or maybe it was a stupid thief to be.

How old is your little brother anyway?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

yeah im going to get myself a viper maybe today gotta love those best buy discounts
Old 01-26-2008, 02:22 PM
DoctorQ
2nd Gear Member

Check out CompuStar. I added their CompuStar Pro system 3 months ago and love it. Came with shock sensors, tilt sensors, door/hood/truck sensors. (also has a locate feature... if someone knocks 3 times on windshield, car calls your remote to notify you). Range is 1.25mi for the 2-way system. Also has Anti-Jacking. CompuStar dealer can special wire to allow you to kill the engine (not just starter) if your jacked. You need to keep your remote separate from your key chain. The Anti Jacking mode allows you to safely disable your vehicle once the thief has driven off with your property. If you are car jacked and still have your remote, you can panic the system by holding button IV down for 4 seconds. The siren will sound for 30 seconds and the motor of the vehicle will shut down. You can also add CompuTrack (which is a GPS tracking system.. allows you to not only monitor location of car, but you can lock/un-lock, remote start, set max speed, set out-of-range areas, etc from the web). Totally happy with mine... no problems whatsoever... Worth a look..

http://www.compustar.com/main.htm

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Alarms