Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-painted Roush parts=ripoff?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Default Pre-painted Roush parts=ripoff?

I was just wondering. Do you think a pre-painted Roush front w/chin spoiler for $1257.01 is a good deal? It doesn't seem like it to me.

If you have a better idea/place to buy these, I definitely want to know!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Pre-painted Roush parts=ripoff?

Wow! I think you could do better.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:08 AM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

sounds about right. the best i found, NEW, was 809 for the bumper and 260 for the chin. that was on ebay.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:10 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

that is the standard price....straight off of roush's site basically, and i have not found it much cheaper either....i looked into get a bumper painted and it was a good deal more than the extra you are paying for the painted roush
Old 01-29-2008, 01:34 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Roush parts are so overpriced... JMO An ok price considering that it's Roush though
Old 01-29-2008, 01:49 AM
RojoDojo
2nd Gear Member

I forgot to get on ebay last night for this slightly damaged roush front fascia that ended up selling for $331. Best (or worst) part about it is I know a body man and he's been a good friend for about 14 years. Anyway, I definitely think $1200+ for a roush front is way too much. Just get a friggin street scene or boy racer kit...
Old 01-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Paratrooper82nd
1st Gear Member

If it is something you really want then go ahead and do it. Just do your research. You might find something else.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:37 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

no, that's a great price! most folks *think* that roush parts are overpriced, but that's b/c. they think they're simply receiving painted plastic styled by a big name in the industry. the truth is that all roush parts add between 45-95 hp at the wheels! and i have a dyno sheet to prove that claim! [&:]

sorry, j/k. couldn't resist.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:48 AM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Roush parts may cost more when ordered directly from them but I can attest to the fact that you get what you pay for. One of my Christmas gifts were Roush prepainted louvers and yes it was more expensive to order straight through them but there were some faults in the paint job onjust 1 of the louversthat I discovered once I went to intstall them. Instead of facing an uphill battle as seems the case sometimes with aftermarket parts and returns/replacements they bent over backwards to get me what I needed.

They immediately sent out a call tag forthe damaged louver, and instead of waiting until the damaged part was received and inspected before proceeding they had everything in motion silmulatneously to fix the error. They repainted one for me and fed-ex OVERNIGHTED me the louver when it was done. They shipped me my new louver the same day fed ex picked up the damaged one on the call tag. I also requested1 replacement set of the 3M tape included in the bracket packets and they not only tucked an entire bracket pack in with the louver, but apparently weren't sure that it got tucked in so they overnighted me again and sent another entire bracket packet tomake absolutely sure I had everything I needed.

If I decide to put more Roush parts on my car they will absolutely get my business. You pay a premium price, but you also get premium service. I'm definitely willing to pay extra to know I'll be well taken care of.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:34 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

That's about right. I think that's exactly what I paid for mine about 1 year ago. Quality was great...no doubts.

Quick Reply: Pre-painted Roush parts=ripoff?