Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody seen the new Bullitt steering wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 02:14 AM
RojoDojo
2nd Gear Member

Default Anybody seen the new Bullitt steering wheels?

Man, just found a guy selling these on ebay for $280 each... bought one for my interior blackout project, getting rid of the faux aluminum look.

For some reason they started in the low $200's and now they're over $400 at almost every website I find?! Cheapest site I've found for either wheel is a place from Virginia called Performance Parts (rather bland name/site). They have the GT500 version for $358 at this link --->http://www.performancepartsinc.com/int_ext.htm

Basically, the only difference between the Bullitt and GT500 wheels is the GT500 wheels have red stitching as opposed to black stitching in the Bullitt's. Anyway, really just wanted an opinion from anybody about these, I think they're nicer than the faux-luminum laced steering wheels...

Yeah, I definitely like the all black more than the faux-luminum... can't wait to install it, along with my new black dash...
Old 01-29-2008, 02:54 AM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anybody seen the new Bullitt steering wheels?

What's the lettering on the cap? Looks like it say's "Bullit"? Just curious, thx.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:04 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

will you get the Bullitt center cap for the steering wheel or just transplant the stock pony (and airbags)?
If you are going to repace the satin dash then it's a great way to go! It wouldn't match if you didn't. Which dash can you get? The Bullitt's?
Old 01-29-2008, 03:49 AM
JohnnyPump23
1st Gear Member

I test drove this car twice before I ordered it on the 8th. Can someone please tell me what controls are on the steering wheel? I can neverfind those pictures close enough to see it, and I didn't take any attention to it when I test drove it. Volume for Shaker? Cruise control? Thanks guys. The car I ordered is below if that makes any difference.[/align]
Old 01-29-2008, 06:00 AM
mvp12
1st Gear Member

How difficult is a steering wheel replacement? Or is that one of those things that is best left to the Stealership(to avoid a broken nose when i accidently set off the airbag)?

PS...Just the cruise control stuff on the steering wheel.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:33 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

i thought that replacing the steering wheel was a big job b/c. of the airbag...am i wrong? either way, i definitely agree with the op that the leather wrapped wheel looks sick.[8D]
Old 01-29-2008, 06:44 AM
davesiar
2nd Gear Member

I have read on a couple of other Mustang forum websites that the install on this wheel or any other steering wheel for that matter takes less than 30 minutes to complete. I too am going to be getting the Bullitt steering wheel pretty soon.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:47 AM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

I have the steering wheel. Took me less than 30 minutes to replace and repower the steering wheel. VERY easy.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:24 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

wow, lesson learned! dammit! now i'm beginning to think about getting a replacement, too.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:50 AM
RojoDojo
2nd Gear Member

Well, if anybody is looking for that steering wheel, the cheapest place I have found it is from this guy on Ebay. Apparently he is a parts manager at a Ford dealership and he likes passing on savings... a dealer passing on savings... go figure...

Anyway, http://stores.ebay.com/ClevengerParts <--- that's the store, he has the wheels for around $280 with shipping around $13. Anywhere else you look is going to be atleast $360.

Also, just like CroDalmatinac said, the steering wheel install doesn't take too long, and you just reuse your horn cover/airbag, which is what I plan on doing.

MartyMoose ---> The symbol in that picture says Bullitt

Orion_240 ---> Just going to go with the black dash you can get off a 2007 GT if I can. Has the black vents with chrome bezels. I found a guy that was selling one on Ebay and missed it yesterday, sent him a message asking if he's going to re-list or not. But after I put that black dash on, I'm wrestling with myself on whether I should put on the Roush carbon kit, really want to...

JohnnyPump23 ---> It's just cruise control buttons on the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Anybody seen the new Bullitt steering wheels?