Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 inches of snow + mustang = ;-;

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:01 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 10 inches of snow + mustang = ;-;

ORIGINAL: Poco

I was working up in Aspen,CO for the last month.It must must have snowed every day at least 4 inches.The last week it snowed 10 to 12 every other day.The sking is awesome but it even hampered some of competitors running the pipe at the Winter X Games.
I drive an 06' Freestyle AWD and after coming back to Denver for the weekends I never lost traction once going over Vail and the tunnel passes when it was snowing like a beeitch.
I'm hoping the Pacific fronts slow down and give our Calfornia citizens a break.One small town,Silverton,Co has had over 6 feet of the fluff and they are running out of room to dump it.

We have had 9 feet in the month of Jan.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:01 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Thank good I no longer live in Chicago! Although, I do miss the city.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I may have some snow tires for sale here soon. Well in the spring at least. Just got a winter beater.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tormentor

Hey Devil, Im around the Kankakee area and I know what you mean about the 10 inches of snow. I still wont take my car out of the garage during the winter if they even predict snow. For now I just go out to the garage and gaiz at it everyday until it begins to get warmer. Just think we have more then a month more of this crap to look forward to.
Did you drive in that crap this past Wednesday when we had the 40+ mph winds at night?
I was on my way to work and couldnt see 5 feet past my bumper, nearly had a head on collision, couldnt see the road at all so turned around and went back home. And I was driving my wifes all wheel drive Edge. I dont want to experiance that anymore.

yep, i was driving in it last wednesday. had to pick up a friend who got her car totaled (who is now too scared to drive, go figure [&:]). Im pretty sure the white out conditions with my stang all over the road like a piece of paper blowing in the wind did not do anything to make her feel more confident of getting behind the wheel of a car again. i dont think i got it uo much past 40 before it felt like i was just being pushed all over the road.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 AM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Just buy a beater....my stang sits in the garage ALL winter long. I cant stand the sight of salt on it. (I HATE the thought of rust) Its the same here in Milwaukee. Isn't putting a **** ton of weight in your trunk terrible on your springs?
Old 02-02-2008, 11:09 AM
brendend
4th Gear Member

i got pzeroz and like 200 pounds in the trunk, did fine in like 5" in winnipeg canada. i dont get why people things stangs are horrible in snow. i rather be in a stang then a pick up, well unless theres more then like 6"s
Old 02-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Man, the snow must have been bad. My parents who live north of Chicago said the storm was really bad.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:14 AM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Devil Wolf

im in chicgao and i cant even make it out of my driveway. this is my first winter with my stang...i think ill be picking up a used wrangler next year for my winter driving.
this mustang is a lot better in the snow than my 2000 v6
this one has 2 tires pushing, traction control,
I have winter tires for both stangs
we got 9 inches (joliet area)
and I was out driving before the plow came, no problems
winter tires rule!~
Old 02-02-2008, 11:18 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mynameismike65

Just buy a beater....my stang sits in the garage ALL winter long. I cant stand the sight of salt on it. (I HATE the thought of rust) Its the same here in Milwaukee. Isn't putting a **** ton of weight in your trunk terrible on your springs?

NO. With 150# of weight in the back of mine, the wheel wells drop 1/2inch. I do take the dog food out after the roads clear so it isn't in ALL the time. Springs will sag over time, but only after a very long time.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Funny to read this. I work in Milwaukee and made it all the way home with no problem. (Running stock Pirellis right now) My mistake was stopping at the end of the driveway to get the mail. Tried to get going again and the back end just slid sideways like I was on ball bearings. I stopped trying while I was still on asphalt. It didn't take long to free it up this morning and I was sure glad it decided to get stuck at home.

Might be time for a trip to Menards for a couple bags of sand. Once the Pirellis are worn out I'll get some winter specific tires on these stock rims.

Quick Reply: 10 inches of snow + mustang = ;-;