Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:29 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Default Bassani Exhaust

Hey guys, my dad is looking at getting new axel backs for his 07 GT and I think he's leaning towards getting the Bassani's. I looked all through the official exhaust thread and only found one opinion about Bassani's and drone.

The only problem is that he has an 80 mile round trip and doesn't want any drone at all. He's not going to drop the $700+ for Corsa's (he's cheap) and I don't think he's too fond of the GTA's... so we were wondering if anyone has any experience with the Bassani's and drone levels.

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:02 AM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Bassani Exhaust

I had the Bassani SS street mufflers on my 06. If he doesn't want any drone at all he won't be happy with the Bassani mufflers, they do have some drone at cruising speed. And if he doesn't like the GTA's and the Corsa's are too much $$ then he should stick with the factory mufflers.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:10 AM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

What are his thoughts about Flowmasters? They have minimal drone, less than Bassani, and sound great. The down side is they rust and start rattling over time. Mine only lasted about a year before they started to sound like two cans full of pebbles.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:17 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the info about the Bassani's... I was expecting that, but hoping for the best. [&:]

My drive round trip is about 52 miles... and I'm going with the Corsa's, but I'm waiting for my bonus
cause they are pricey! So i'm hoping once he hears mine he'll break down and get the Corsa's.

As far as Flows, 3 of my buddies have them and while he likes the, I don't think they really 'do it' for him. I'm wondering if just getting an O/R Xpipe will be the way to go for him.

NJ3, do you have any sound bites of your exhaust? Your set up is what I'd like to go with...

Old 02-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

I have the O/R Pypes H pipe with the stock mufflers and its sounds good. Its a tad on the loud side but no drone ...
Old 02-03-2008, 12:36 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Why not go boomtubes?...They are cheap and sound REALLY NICE....
Old 02-03-2008, 01:02 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: simplexdesign

I've actually never heard them in person, just on YouTube... but I was under the impression they have alot of drone.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:48 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Steve O Chap

ORIGINAL: simplexdesign

I've actually never heard them in person, just on YouTube... but I was under the impression they have alot of drone.
Out of all the Axelbacks I have heard I would say they are one of the ones with the least
Old 02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

theres a thread in the 4.6 section of all exhaust clips. u should check there. youtube also has a wealth of clips. i havent heard bassanis in person on a gt, but i heard em on a gt500 and it was my favorite sounding setup. different motor tho.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:47 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

I have the Bassani SS Race exhaust with the Pypes O/R H-pipe and maybe I don't know what DRONE is but I love the sound and my trip is 106 miles round trip 6 days a week. I do have cams so I have a good lope in the exhaust but I REALLY enjoy the sound of my mufflers and get compliments and heads turning all day. They are a quality muffler with a great fitment, plus those big tips sticking out the back looks sweet.

Quick Reply: Bassani Exhaust