Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beat Stangs....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 07:52 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Default Beat Stangs....

This is very random but I thought I would share anyways....I was driving by a car lot and saw a GT sitting there. It was very beat and looked like it was driven hard everyday. It made me think.....isn't it weird when you see these cars leaving the factory all perfect and equal in terms of quality...and how differently people treat them and the life that they will live based on who buys them. I mean there are the people who buy them who are enthusiests who wash them every weekend and keep them covered in the garage, there are those who use them as DD and see them as just a car, and those who have know respect for them and just beat them to **** and move on. It made me think about how that car could have been in mint shape still and belong to someone who really cared for it instead of sitting on a lot covered in snow all beat up. It kind of is similar to kids...some are born into loving/happy families and some are born into bad situations. I always look at these beat old Mustangs and they seem like old prostitutes....used and abused and thrown aside. I cant imagine how some people can treat stuff with such disrespect. I guess maybe I just thought about it too much[&:]
Old 02-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Beat Stangs....

ORIGINAL: mynameismike65

I always look at these beat old Mustangs and they seem like old prostitutes....used and abused and thrown aside. I cant imagine how some people can treat stuff with such disrespect. I guess maybe I just thought about it too much[&:]

That made me LOL.I do see your point but the sad thing about both is you cant make owners/parents love something that they do not have 100% of there heart into.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:01 PM
kdrshocker
2nd Gear Member

has to do with respect in my opinon, if you don't respect it, you don't care. just my 2 cents...
Old 02-03-2008, 08:13 PM
kvtaco17

I love my stang (06 with 12k) but hey winter sucks...she's covered in crap...damn il weather...she'll get a bath tomorrow though
Old 02-03-2008, 08:53 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

There are enthusiasts for whom Mustangs (cars) are a part of their being. Their Mustang (car) is an extension of their personality. Their Mustang (car) brings them joy, happiness, and sometimes a bit of frustration. The enthusiast enjoys spending time driving, detailing, maintaining, improving, modifying, talking about, reading about and sometimes just looking at their Mustang (car). I am one of those types.

There are others for whom cars are simply transportation. Something to use to get from point 'A' to point 'B'. I've never been one of those types.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:08 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

sir, i understand your dedication to your car, but can u please post in off topic? last time i checked, this was the 2005-2008 Ford Mustang Tech section of the forum..
Old 02-03-2008, 09:10 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I always respect the prostitutes in my area....

You are right though, it's weird how different people treat their stuff. i wonder who has it right though, I often wish i cared a little less about my cars and more about the important things in life.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Growing up with two brothers and a fatherwho were into taking care of their cars taught me a lot. I've always taken good care of every car I have owned.
It does get me how some people say, "it's just a car." To me it's more than a car....it's art and history all in one. It says a lot aboutwho you areand how you take care of things.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

LOL. Its a freaking mustang. I paid $20k for my used 05. Nothing spectactular. Its not some super exotic, uber rare car. Teenagers in medium income families even have them. One of my co-worker's daughter had to choose between a new stang or a mazda5 as her graduation present. The V6's cost the same a Civic or a Focus. And they make a TON of them. I see at least 5 a day. There are 3 in my apartment complex.

As for my car, it is garaged, but it is my DD. So its raining out, the car is going to get wet. As for how its driven, I drive the **** out of it almost daily because I've never owned a powerful car before and I'm not paying $400 a month to drive like a granny. As for care, I was hand washing it weekly before the watering ban happened. Now it see's the machine car wash about once a month. If I lived in Michigan still, you'd definately see me driving my stang in the snow and salt. But that's just me.

As for kids, I don't have any yet. But please believe I would treat my kids far better than my car, house, and self.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

My next door neighbor has a GT/CS in Blue and it sits every day 3 ft froma closed garage door getting dust, rain, and ick. Here in NM there is plenty of dust to go around. The guy never washes it and it has more swirl marks than some 84' Honda Civics. Unbelievable. $32k.

=-(

Quick Reply: Beat Stangs....