Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I HATE rain!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I HATE rain!!!

ORIGINAL: cobra443

I have a huge gym bag in my trunk with all of my cleaning supplies. I spray detail the car everyday and give a good wipe down with a microfiber. Also I strip and re-wax once per month. I cant even stand to see dust on the car though, let alone any waterspots or droppings.
I know, I hate to see dust on mine too! I bought the car in Dec. '06.....and have yet to wash it! I never drive it in the rain.....only on pretty days. Right now I can't put her in the garage, but we are going to build another garage in the back, so for now I keep a car cover on it. It does help keep water spots off as well as dust and bird doo.
I try to keep it polished and waxed. My kids think I am over obsessive about it, but it's just the way I am when it comes to cars.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Isn't hard water caused by mineral deposits in the water? The spots are probably just water spots with dirt and contaminents in them from being on the car before the rain and the cleaning effect that rain has on the atmospere. Just wash it and if it needs waxed, do that. Use a micro towel to dry it after the wash.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:40 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Isn't hard water caused by mineral deposits in the water? The spots are probably just water spots with dirt and contaminents in them from being on the car before the rain and the cleaning effect that rain has on the atmospere. Just wash it and if it needs waxed, do that. Use a micro towel to dry it after the wash.
Then there is acid rain that eats the finish on your car if you don't take car of it.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Heh, don't move to Seattle. Aside from the awesome few months of sunny and 80 degrees in the summer, I would say I wash my daily driver maybe 4 times in the other 9 months of the year. Its just completely futile here.[&:] The Mustang is usually pretty clean, but thats just because I've driven it 3000 miles in the past year and try and avoid rain.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:51 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Then there is acid rain that eats the finish on your car if you don't take car of it.

True, but not in San Diego.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

Yesterday was the first day in about 4 weeks that it hasn't rained, or otherwise been altogether crappy! Washed the car finally. So, I have no sympathy for anyone who complains about a little rain every now and then!
Well, it's not so much that as, "Ok, tomorrow is my day off, and I plan to wash the car within an inch of its life."

Then I get up and it's raining outside. So I have to wait until the next day off that I have...And it's been raining off and on for the past few weeks.

I just went out to go wash it, and it's starting to drizzle again!!! This is frustrating...
Old 02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

No, this is not a general "my car slides all over the place" type of complaint, it's something most of us complain about...

My car is so freakin' FILTHY after this last rain that came through Sandy Eggo...

The quarterpanels, hood, and spoiler on the car all have hard water spots on it and I just don't want to try to clean it off until I KNOW that the storm is over with; I mean, who wants to wash their car within an inch of its life and then have it rain again 2 days later?!?

At any rate, I'm wondering if I should just really strip everything off (all the old wax, tree sap, etc) by doing a really good clay bar, or wait until spring after most of the rainy season's hit? I mean, is what's on there going to destroy the paint that much quicker than if I were to strip it down to the clearcoat and put wax back on?
I HATE SNOW![sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 02-04-2008, 04:50 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

thats why i dont take my car in the rain
Old 02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

We, at HCM, love rain . We have video proof that will be up tomorrow [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 02-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I try to stand clear of the rain the GT... garage for me ...[8D]

Quick Reply: I HATE rain!!!