Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on Roush Front Fascia

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Default Question on Roush Front Fascia

Had a bit of an incident in wet weather...[:@]. Anyway turning a negative into a positive I'm having my front bumper replaced with the Roush Front Fascia...Insurance/Body Shop is letting me do this, I'm just curious if its plug in play for the most part...hoping not to see any extra labor bills anyone have an opinion on this? Thanks lastly is it true you can't have all 6 lights on at the same time?
Old 02-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Question on Roush Front Fascia

you would have to ask them what they are going to charge, it is more than stock... And no, you can't have all 6 on at once. The roush switch and harness gives you a choice of either/or, stock or roush fogs... Having 6 white front lights on at once is illegal.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:48 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

You better check with your Insurance and the shop about that Roush bumper.
Your factory front bumperretails foraround $475 and the Roush for $800[8D].

I can tell you that they won't pay more than OEM retail. If not everybody would mess uptheir front end and get an upgrade on the Insurance dime. Don't think so...

If the Insurance ever go for this, I wanna know who it is, so I can get a policy with them.

Good luck none the less.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:22 PM
rap87
1st Gear Member

I bought the Roush from Stage 3 Motorsports for $640 shipped. They gave me full retail on the OEM Bumper at $475. My insurance agreed that I could pay the difference and get a Roush Bumper and, so did the shop. They allocated 4.5 hrs for Body Labor, 3.9 Hrs Paint Labor, and 3.9 Hrs Paint Supplies, for the OEM Bumper. I have a $500 deductable and basically will owe them $25 bucks if they put on the Roush in the same amount of time they can put on the OEM Bumper. I'm trying to figure out how much if any time more the Roush is going to take...Also can you have the Fog Light Grill on and your Regular Lights at once, and then Roush Lights/Regular Lights, are those the 2 combos allowed or? I figured the Roush looks to be mounted exactly the same as the OEM bumper, but with a different design look/lights....Thanks.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

i expect that he is just gonna take the insurance check and then pay the difference from oem to roush, if not well then yeah, let me know who you're dealing with!
Old 02-04-2008, 07:30 PM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Well, sorta...I ordered/paid out of my pocket already for the Roush Bumper from Stage 3, so they are charging the insurance for the OEM bumper, but since they didn't buy it and I provided the bumper, hes taking my dedutible - the oem bumper, and I pay the difference ($25 bucks)...So, I guess if it all goes well, I'll be ending up paying in total about $700 bucks for a Roush Front Fasica installed...I just want to make sure we aren't talking about a ridicolous extra install time from the OEM bumper, also curious as to the light settings.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The labor should not be different than the OEM. Roush bumpers are a good fit, use the OEM bracketry.
Don't let the bodyshop charge you extra labor, that wouldn't be fair, as they won't spend any more time to install it.

Having said that, the 2 extra fog lights wiring would be the extra labor on that whole deal.
Again, don't let the shop charge you more than $100 for this hook-up, if you don't do it yourself.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:48 PM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Alright, cool deal...turning a negative into a positive...anyone know what lights can be on/combos with the Roush Bumper?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

same combo as stock I think. I think its either

headlights
stock fogs
stock fogs with headlights
headlights with roush fogs
roush fogs (not sure about this one)
Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 PM
rap87
1st Gear Member

I had assumed, but this may be wrong, that if you turned your lights on the roush fogs would automatically come on, but if you pulled out the light ****, to turn your stock fogs on, it would automatically turn the roush fogs off...leaving you with stock fogs/lights. I didn't think without adding another switch you could auctuall manually control turning on/off the roush fogs, other than canceling them, if you turn on your stock fogs...

Quick Reply: Question on Roush Front Fascia