Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

here is my delima

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 05:11 AM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

Default here is my delima

i hope no one dislikes me for posting this but i am having a very hard time figuring this out. when i bought my silvery 2005 mustang GT it was like all the christmas's from childhood thrown all to geather into one event i was so incredibly excited. i loved my car and couldn't belive it was accually mine at times. don't get me wrong i still love it. it is the best car i have ever owned. all around it has every thing speed, style, looks and drive ability. i could not have asked for more. i have moded it. and was looking forward to driving it till the wheels fell off (quickly puts them back and and continues to drive). where is the problem you ask? well i was told some thing i couldn't belive by a service member yesterday and had to come home and find out for my self. yes it is true i confirmed it last night these GT's over in england are going any where for 25 to 30 thousand quid aka pounds, roughly 50 to 60 thousand american dollars. i can't believe it. i know what you guys might be thinking no don't do it and i am at a draw here i look at her and i can't get rid of her but when i am away from her i just can't belive how much of a profit that can be made off of saleing her.i mean i could give some lucky brittian a great deal and still make a huge profit off of it. go out and buy a new 2006 in the color i want (windveil blue),or better yet a shelby cobra GT 500! i have always wanted a cobra and the new cobra looks sexier then ever. i could have ordered an 05 GT when i got over to england and would have come in like 3 or 4 months(i couldn't wait that long) being over seas some times makes things really hard, or take the silver GT off the lot that had every thing i wanted and was going to order except the color(that's what i did). i have never given silver much thought but once i saw her i knew i had to have her. so you see i don't know if i should keep her and just be happy with the bad @$$ car that i have or make money and have a huge down payment on a 2006 GT or the GT500 when ever they come out. i know alot of you are saying there is no way i would sale my car and i never thought i would even think about getting rid of it. today i was at the aafe's grage i had them putting the new exhaust system on her. she was up on the rack i am looking at all the suspension componets while she is on the lift. i was thinking oh she is such an amazing car. even from the underneath. i just start thinking aww no way i would get rid of her, but i think about ford maby upping the 2006's HP on the GT's and then i look at pic's of the GT500 oh i don't know what i am going to do. sorry for rambling but i have alot of things going on in my head about this situation.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:50 AM
65_2plus2
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: here is my delima

Sorry man, this was so long that I could only read about 1/3 of it. Try to make your posts shorter and to the point.[sm=repost.gif][sm=sleeping.gif][sm=sorry.gif]
Old 03-29-2005, 09:38 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

you read more than i did, i saw the paragraph and just clicked fast reply.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:06 AM
fin1
1st Gear Member

Well I read it and got this out of it.
1) Has a silver GT
2) Wants a GT500
3) Is struggling with what to do

IMO, stay with the GT you have and keep mod'n it to get it where you like and enjoy the process. Yes, the GT500 is damn sexy but so it the GT. Assuming cost is no issue, it may also be a hard car to get but that's just a feeling. I too like the GT500 but would never consider buying it given the $40K USD price tag. For me, buying a sub-$30K car and adding $5-10K of mods is more fun than just getting a stock. I've never had so much fun installing mods on this car than I have any other car. I look at the various add-ons and enjoy the discussions and befits of adding each.

But hey, this is a personal choice and this is just my 2 cents! Good luck!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:37 AM
BigDaddyArt

If you live in American, there is no way in hell you are going to be able to sell you car for a profit over in England. If that could be done, every dealer in America would be doing it. The reason they cost so much more is import taxes an the differences between the cars that are required by the british government. And its quid.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

Oh, and gas over there is about $6 a gallon (or almost).... Good gravy!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:15 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

i am in the untied states air force and am stationed in england and after finding out how much mustangs go for over here i am trying to decide weather or not i keep the one i have or sale it make alot of profit and by a 2006 in the color i wanted or buy a GT500. sorry for such a long post but i wanted to explain every thing.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:06 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

WHAT WOULD ANY OF YOU GUYS DO IF YOU WERE IN MY SHOES?
Old 03-29-2005, 02:22 PM
MMike

ORIGINAL: BigDaddyArt

If you live in American, there is no way in hell you are going to be able to sell you car for a profit over in England. If that could be done, every dealer in America would be doing it. The reason they cost so much more is import taxes an the differences between the cars that are required by the british government. And its quid.
I think there is some tax break for a 6mth old car. We dont have the same requirments, mainly just changing lights over for reverse/fog etc. I drove a LHD Smart Roadster in the UK without issue. I have seen Mustangs for sale here, v6 for $60k and GT for $68k.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:30 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

the military has to make it road leagle before any one is to drive a car off base over here the light conversion has been done at no cost along with tax and title there is a vat tax if i sale it over here to a non military member. but it has a small break in it due to me being an american. and as far LHD all the mustangs off base i have seen are all LHD i don't think ford makes a RHD mustang. there are brits out there that would want to drive a mustang i get asked about mine all the time. but don't know if i want to sale her.

Quick Reply: here is my delima