Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What You All Have Been Waiting For...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:22 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What You All Have Been Waiting For...

Argonaut....the front wheels are spinning, it is just the camera that makes it seems like they are not
Old 02-05-2008, 03:24 PM
blk07gt
2nd Gear Member

im not saying you cant get good at it with practice im just saying theres no point in someone coming in here bashing on people for goin out and having fun and posting on it because moose seems to be the only one here who has been even slightly negative about the vid thats all
Old 02-05-2008, 03:27 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

+1

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I don't get it? That's not drifting, it's sliding around in a wet parking lot which equals ricey. I could drift on wet pavement in my wifes pt cruiser.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:30 PM
hardcoremustangs
3rd Gear Member

Anyone that knows about drifting knows that drifting when wet is a lot harder to controlthan dry conditions.
Keep in mind how close the wall and poles are. We have had a few people come by and think they can do what we do and end up getting a quote for body work and paint. We also save $$$ on tires but run a higher risk on damaging our cars. We will post video ofus doing the same thing on dry pavement getting closer to the wall.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Ran

ORIGINAL: hardcoremustangs

Anyone that knows about drifting knows that drifting when wet is a lot harder to controlthan dry conditions.
Keep in mind how close the wall and poles are. We have had a few people come by and think they can do what we do and end up getting a quote for body work and paint. We also save $$$ on tires but run a higher risk on damaging our cars. We will post video ofus doing the same thing on dry pavement getting closer to the wall.
In wet conditions it's obviously a lot easier to get the backend out and spinning. It's also easier to maintain angle since you're not fighting traction on a dry surface. The biggest difficulty comes in controlling where you slide to and keeping from spinning out completely. Just sliding off in some random direction is never a good idea, but with good throttle control it's not so bad.

I do believe that dry-surface drifting is a lot more difficult since you have to break traction, hold angle, and modulate steering and throttle input to keep you going where you want to go without spinning out. You also need to have a greater deal of speed to pull it all off right, while in the rain you can pretty much slide at 15mph. lol

I enjoyed the video you posted and I look forward to your dry-weather video. Just as long as it's not on the streets. (^_-)d
Old 02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
blk07gt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hardcoremustangs

+1 if anyone has any disputes with wet driftingin a small parking lot with poles walls cars thenput up your own vids of the way you do it for others to watch because the fact of the matter is thatthe people in the vid are goin at it under control, andhaving fun and once again theres no need forpeople to come in and bash on them just because you dont like the fact that theyre on wet pavement
it takes just as much skill and more control than normal drifting anyways and they are doing it with precision and finesse
good goin mick, ernie, and austin
Old 02-05-2008, 03:46 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

looks like a good time, I was a little nervous a couple times though about it hitting the wall though.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Black_06GTStang
2nd Gear Member

Great vid! Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

so did you drift your own car this time mickey?

oh and by the way...

how the hell did i miss that 5 page moose car wreck thread...

sorry to hear about it moose? [&:]
Old 02-05-2008, 03:56 PM
blk07gt
2nd Gear Member

i got nervous the one time when erine came close to mickey when he stopped and ernie was still goin
but i know ernie would never allow that to happen though too much put into that car to hurt it

Quick Reply: What You All Have Been Waiting For...