Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Default New Windshield

[:@]Well today I was driving along the 405 to go to work, just like anyother normal day. Some idoit runs over something that was long and skinny that kits my hood and scratches it, and then hits my windshield and takes a few small gashes out of it. If the thing would have hit me straight on I am pretty sure I would have been killed cause I think it would have went right through my window. And where it hit would have hit me right in the face. Luckily it didn't though!!! So there is a scratch on my hood and gashes out of my windshield. Anyone know how much a windshield costs? Do you think my insurance will repaint my entire hood and replace my windshield or will I have to pay for all of it (which I cannot afford!!!!) My car is costing me sooo much I am getting scared to even drive it around anymore![&o]
Old 02-07-2008, 10:08 AM
d4rb
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Windshield

I think a Houston member on here, Presto, just had his windshield replaced to the tune of $350.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:12 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that. Insurance should cover it minus any possible deductible. But I am thinking there may not be that depending on how they classify it. Also depends on what type of coverage you have and who your insurance company is.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:22 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

How much comprehesiondeductible do you have? I have a $50 deductible on glass breakage on mine.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

I also had something similar happen. I still havent gotten my new one installed or anything yet, but the $350 quote is right on if you are intending to replace it with another factory styled one (the black dot thing at the top of it). All of mine is out of pocket because surprisingly enough, my insurance does NOT cover cracked winshields. They do cover them if you get it to them fast enough that it is still a "star" though.

I'm not real thrilled about the situation, but otherwise I've been very happy with this insurance company so I'll live with it for now.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

I have Progressive Direct with a zero $$ deductible on glass. I just had the windshield on my winter beater replaced last night, and when the weather breaks, I need to have the one on the 'vert replaced. I got a chip in it last spring, with less than 2k miles on the car.. Called them up, they recommended repairing it, which I agreed to, so as not to break the factory seal on the windshield. Well, that "repair" has since begun to crack, so it's time to have it replaced.

If you have comprehensive coverage, it should cover the glass. As for the hood damage, if it's just scratches, you'd be better off paying out of pocket to have it repainted. If it's damaged badly enough to need a new hood, then I'd claim it, depending on your deductible...
Old 02-07-2008, 11:34 AM
fosman77
2nd Gear Member

I just replaced mine, It was $303 installed, Factory windshield.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:59 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Do you have insurance?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:13 PM
blk07gt
2nd Gear Member

man that sucks, sorry to hear about it but i believe insurance should cover it
hopefully
Old 02-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Not sure how it works in your state, in Florida, insurance companies are required to replace/repair windshields with NO deductibles.

Quick Reply: New Windshield