Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Letter from Ford

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Mustang Novice
1st Gear Member

Default Letter from Ford

I forgot to tell everyone that the letter from Ford about them not being able to fill all GT orders is true. It's not just a dealer scam. It is more true if a dealer has used up all of his allocation with pending orders. So if a dealership is pushing '06's then believe them, they won't be getting any more '05's. The dealership, where my relative works, out sells his closest competitor 3:1 across the board, and he got the letter too. He isn't at the biggest dealership in North Central Florida, but is probably second (area doesn't include Jacksonville, Tampa, or Orlando).
Old 03-29-2005, 10:50 PM
clewin73

Default RE: Letter from Ford

Just talked to my dealer today. They got a list of mustangs that are garaunteed and mine isn't on it. I ordered it on Feb 15th (Yellow premium convertable GT, IUP, 5spd). The dealer had no idea as to how Ford picked the cars that were assured to be made as 05s either, which made me angrier. I called Ford's customer service and they had absolutely no answers. I then called 3 of the biggest dealers around and they had no idea how Ford prioritized the list. They assumed it was strickly by the computer's optimization of parts/options, etc...

What I can't understand is how Ford cannot meet it's allotments. They gave the dealers their allotments - and mine was one of these, and they cannot make them. I can certainly see how they cannot meet all of the demand, but they certainly should at least be able to fill the allotments they gave to each dealer.

That being said, the dealer said that the list was only saying which vehicles were assured, not saying that the ones not on the list will not be 05s. Also, one of the bigger dealers expected cars ordered in Feb to arrive in June... Which seemed ridiculous.
Sorry for the rant - I'm just pissed off as hell.

Chip
Old 03-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Fatal Vision555

Chip I know your from NC as so am I, what dealer did you go through, I went through Capital Ford in Raleigh and they havent mentioned anything yet
Old 03-30-2005, 04:32 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

I ordered Feb 23 and just got bucked for the week of april 11th. should be here by end of april. Who is tell you all these stories? My dealer was very nonchalante about the whole deal. they are a good sized dealer but not mega wallmart sized by any means. I am all the way out in Washington State. Rumors Suck.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:24 AM
clewin73

When I called the 3 other dealers, they all confirmed the letters that went out and the dates were similar to my dealers dates. Not a rumor - your car must have the right combo of parts. I assume you're talking about a GT b/c the V6s are flying off the line.
thanks, chip
Old 03-30-2005, 11:33 AM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hear this guys this must be very frustrating. i hope ford pulls a few more stags out of their hats so every one has a good 05 summer
Old 03-30-2005, 12:02 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: clewin73

Just talked to my dealer today. They got a list of mustangs that are garaunteed and mine isn't on it. I ordered it on Feb 15th (Yellow premium convertable GT, IUP, 5spd). The dealer had no idea as to how Ford picked the cars that were assured to be made as 05s either, which made me angrier. I called Ford's customer service and they had absolutely no answers. I then called 3 of the biggest dealers around and they had no idea how Ford prioritized the list. They assumed it was strickly by the computer's optimization of parts/options, etc...

What I can't understand is how Ford cannot meet it's allotments. They gave the dealers their allotments - and mine was one of these, and they cannot make them. I can certainly see how they cannot meet all of the demand, but they certainly should at least be able to fill the allotments they gave to each dealer.

That being said, the dealer said that the list was only saying which vehicles were assured, not saying that the ones not on the list will not be 05s. Also, one of the bigger dealers expected cars ordered in Feb to arrive in June... Which seemed ridiculous.
Sorry for the rant - I'm just pissed off as hell.

Chip
I'd claim dealer BS with your dealer. I'd want to see their supposed list. Want to make a bet that your dealer will get in some 'verts before MY end to put on their lot knowing they can sell them quickly and at a good markup? I ordered a little over a week before you. My Mustang was in my driveway 7 weeks later (last week). But, I did check to see if my dealer had allotment and made sure they gave my order a high priority number. BTW....mine was X planned, too.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:13 PM
clewin73

I used your previous post specifically when I talked to the dealer as an example for the dates. My priority was 15 so I'm sure that was a factor although the dealer was not able, or at least not willing to explain to me the priorities. Once again, there is a letter/list (I confirmed it with 3 other dealers) and I can certainly go there an see it if I like.
Evidently between your car having a high priority, and having the right combo of options, it made it through the line quickly.
Mine has neither of those going for me evidently , although the dealer did have the allotment for it - I checked that before ordering through them.
Chip
Old 03-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

Did you get the aluminum dash? My salesman said Ford ran out of those (you V6ers kept taking them!!!). I ordered Jan 28th and still don't have a VIN.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:17 PM
clewin73

Yup got the IUP - I'd drop it now if I thought it'd help...

Quick Reply: Letter from Ford