Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 01:06 AM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

Default what to do?

Ok guys, i dunno this is just really bothering me. I just bought me a 2008 Mustang GT premium package. Anyways it just hasn't really started bothering me until i have thought about it but i have 2 black stripes going from front to back. Now i didn't think anything about it until my friend said something but they are vinyls.

I don't really know much about vinyl other then it's like a sticker. How long are the life of vinyl stickers on cars. When purchasing a car from a dealership (esp new) don't you have so many days before you can just return it. I'm honestly thinking about doing that.

I mean i love my red paint job with the black stripes down it, but i mean for a $30K car, come on you couldn't at least paint the stripes on and make them go all the way down, as they do stop at the edge of my hood and the edge of my trunk.

I just honestly don't see those vinyls still on my car like mabye a couple years down the line. Anyone know how well stock vinyls are placed on the car. The longitivty of them?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:10 AM
rtredline
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: what to do?

Vinyls are perfectly fine...Many people on this board have them....and if you dont like them u can always just take them off..
Old 02-08-2008, 01:12 AM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

its all good man. If you like them keep it and in a couple years get them painted if you want. nothing wrong with the vinyl but the paint job can be pricey
Old 02-08-2008, 01:14 AM
GW6
1st Gear Member

Most of the Mustangs have vinyl. It gives you options for what you want to do down the road. There are plenty of posts on here about how to take care of them to make them last. Just use a proper wax (some say don't use on vinyl). If you don't like them then take them off an paint something else or apply a different vinyl package.

Like you said, it's a $30K car. Are you going to return it over a $500 appearance option?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

or if you want some that go down the whole car go to baltimorestreetmods.com and they have good ones. Returning a car because of some decals seemsa little petty, have you ever looked into the price of paintig stripes on? I mean they could have added it to your overall price and would u have been just as happy?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:22 AM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

well i mean in all honesty i will never probably ever have that car repainted, just because i do know what (a good) paint job costs. That's why i would like to have it done right the first time. I just really liked the way the car looked when i bought it, torch red with 2 black stripes down it. Also i would like it to go all the way down from front/back, not just kinda half assed. I'll call them and see if i can't work something out with them. The general manager guy i guess i talked to and all, and he was really nice and treated me really well which was suprising.

Edit: yes they could have added that into my price and it woulda made me happy, but see when i saw the car and stuff i was like ok nice racing stripes. It being painted or vinyl didn't click in my mind, until one of my friends mentioned something about it.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:24 AM
GW6
1st Gear Member

It's easier, faster and cheaper to make it look the way you want with vinyl. If you like it but just want to extend the stripes then they should be able to do that for you pretty painlessly. Most dealers add stripe packages to some of their cars around here.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:27 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Vinyls always give you the option of change...........

Don't let the issue of a vinyl stripe make you think less of your new car. You just purchased the best damn car on the road.

s ~
Old 02-08-2008, 01:29 AM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

Vinyls always give you the option of change...........

Don't let the issue of a vinyl stripe make you think less of your new car. You just purchased the best damn car on the road.

s ~
haha, i have always loved mustangs and always wanted to own one, and i love that car to death.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:34 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

the vinyls are fine just enjoy your new car and congats