Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue Oval Industries

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:24 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Blue Oval Industries

Just received my SS honeycomb Eleanor grill. Shipping materials exceeded expectations and the grill was just as pictured. Shipping was speedy as well.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:51 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

good to hear
Old 02-13-2008, 11:57 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Just to add my opinion....

Seems like a lot of people are satisfied, and only a few are not. But, the reasons for not have nothing to do with mistakes, they have to do with blatant and intentional rudeness and actions. BOI isn't messing up these few bad outcomes, but they're knowingly doing it and gloating by being rude.

I'll never buy from them. I'll pay double if needed and go elsewhere.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:43 AM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueoval1
I appreciate everyones feedback on this. But I do not want to go on about this in this thread. It is counter productive for everyone here. Go out and have a great time with the mustang hobby and use the forums for the way they were intend. To help each other out. Just remember there are always two sides to every story, just keep that in mind whenever reading this stuff on the forums. Have a great day.
This thread might be counterproductive for Blue Oval, but not for us guys who are looking to buy aftermarket parts from the most reputable etail dealers possible. This thread is a perfect example of how we "help each other out". Some may not agree with the complaining posters, but at least we have all been warned. I say thanks for the heads up. I think we shouldencourage each other to report consumer problems when they occur. Members here are adults for the most part and as such, they should beable to separate the wheat from the chaff.....
Old 02-14-2008, 03:44 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

Just to add my opinion....

Seems like a lot of people are satisfied, and only a few are not. But, the reasons for not have nothing to do with mistakes, they have to do with blatant and intentional rudeness and actions. BOI isn't messing up these few bad outcomes, but they're knowingly doing it and gloating by being rude.

I'll never buy from them. I'll pay double if needed and go elsewhere.
I won't but from them again not because of rudeness, but rather because of an inferior product they sold me. I bought a strut tower brace from them. Shipping and packaging was fine. The problem was that there was weld splatter all over the ends of the brace. It was a very poor welding job and had lumps & bumps spread out underneath the paint. Not only a very poor welding job but there was obviously also no attempt to remove or grind the splatter off before it was painted over. Sticks out like a sore thumb and I haven't installed it because it looks that bad.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:00 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Well, the grill is on. Had to cut into the supports to get it to fit. Not BOI's fault that it requires modification, but their website says:
[ul][*]Brand New[*]In Stock now[*]Simply pop out your old grille and transfer your fog lights and pop new grille into place[*]Perfect fit no modification required!!!!![/ul]So I felt that was a bit misleading. I didn't want the lights as close together as the Street Scene one is, but if I were to do it over again, I'd go with the SS one. Also, there were no instructions. Here's a picture of what cutting was required:

It looks good, and the texture is the same as OE. But the cutting really annoyed me.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:26 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I'm confused... What grille didyou get?
I had the SScene and I did bend part of the radiator support to make roomfor the driver side bulb socket.
Same thing, nowhere was it stated that you have to mess with the support. Very convenient for them, that crap pisses me off.[:@]

In your case, it's even worse. You litteralyhad to butcher your radiator support. Yikes.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:47 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Well, I'm not sure who makes it. It doesn't have a name on it. All I saw on it was "for offroad use only". I saw someone refer to it as the KSR grill. Not sure if they're referring to Keystone Restyling or who... The Street Scene grill has the fogs a little closer together. I've heard from people that bought the newest batch of the SS grills that the fogs aren't as recessed, to eliminate that problem. In any case, it looks good. But if I didn't have an electric saw, I would be sending this back.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:53 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Well, here's my street scene one before my conversion.
It looks like they're spaced out the same.

[IMG]local://upfiles/78700/016265C5B0B841DCA9FAB3E1A0F486C2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-16-2008, 04:09 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Almost bought from them on eBay but got a snotty response to a simple
question. I went on my way and didnt feel the need to bash them on
a Forum. Looks like BlueOval just signed up here to post on this post
about them.
Its like 7up here.
Never have delt with them and looks like from the posts, never will.

I ended up with the $169 StreetScene grill and it was a perfect fit.
Glad I didnt go with the BlueOval Eleanor grill that requires radiator
support modification.
Thanks for the snotty email reply, blueovalheads.

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/52B279628D6742B6B176C7F6C0BC66E9.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Blue Oval Industries