Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Computer Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 05:44 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default Computer Problems

I have a SCT tuner and I have to tune mine everyday for it to take the tune. Right after I tune it the car pulls really hard. The next day when I get in the car and nail it it is much slower. I then retune it and it is faster again. I assume my computer is bad but what do I tell my dealer because I can't tell them that it won't take my SCT tune because they will just say you can't do that anyway. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:55 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Computer Problems

ORIGINAL: 757GT

I have a SCT tuner and I have to tune mine everyday for it to take the tune. Right after I tune it the car pulls really hard. The next day when I get in the car and nail it it is much slower. I then retune it and it is faster again. I assume my computer is bad but what do I tell my dealer because I can't tell them that it won't take my SCT tune because they will just say you can't do that anyway. Any help would be appreciated.
Call me and I will tell you a good dealer.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:11 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

how many custom tunes do you have....maybe 1 of the programs are bad
Old 03-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Refonbass
1st Gear Member

your computer is not bad.. mine does the same thing and has also done it on other cars I've had. The problem is when you first install the tune it is at its most aggressive, ignition and air/fuel wise. Once you drive it around it starts to adapt by adjusting ignition timing and air/fuel ratios, if it senses any detonation at all it will back timing off to compensate, if by any chance the fuel isn't as "pure" as its rated this could also be a culprit. Anyone with an xcalibrator will notice this to a degree, believe me. Try this, install the tune and drive it hard right after, you'll notice that it definitely feels quick. Then drive around for a few days or a week of normal/hard driving. Then after some time passes re-install the tune again, I'll bet you anything that it will feel quicker right after the re-tune.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:02 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Refonbass

your computer is not bad.. mine does the same thing and has also done it on other cars I've had. The problem is when you first install the tune it is at its most aggressive, ignition and air/fuel wise. Once you drive it around it starts to adapt by adjusting ignition timing and air/fuel ratios, if it senses any detonation at all it will back timing off to compensate, if by any chance the fuel isn't as "pure" as its rated this could also be a culprit. Anyone with an xcalibrator will notice this to a degree, believe me. Try this, install the tune and drive it hard right after, you'll notice that it definitely feels quick. Then drive around for a few days or a week of normal/hard driving. Then after some time passes re-install the tune again, I'll bet you anything that it will feel quicker right after the re-tune.

I've not had this problem
Old 03-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Refonbass
1st Gear Member

you just haven't noticed it i'm sure some are more noticable than others.. try what I suggested, run it with a tune for while and then re-flash it I guarantee it will feel faster right off the bat for a while. now i'm not saying that it goes back to "stock" performance after you drive for a while, but it will feel quickest right after a re-flash.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:29 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Refonbass

you just haven't noticed it i'm sure some are more noticable than others.. try what I suggested, run it with a tune for while and then re-flash it I guarantee it will feel faster right off the bat for a while. now i'm not saying that it goes back to "stock" performance after you drive for a while, but it will feel quickest right after a re-flash.
you may be right...I'll give it a shot...I guess since I paid over 600 bucks for the CAI and SCT psychologically I don't want to notice a loss in performance LOL!
Old 03-30-2005, 10:34 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

I guess since I paid over 600 bucks for the CAI and SCT psychologically I don't want to notice a loss in performance LOL!
very true...

honestly, i have not noticed any difference either and i am having to reprogram my car a few times a month b/c of new aftermarkets. the only thing i notice is that all these aftermarkets are doing exactly what i wanted them to, make me faster...get some new gears guys, well worth it.

i also put on that plasma booster ignition yesterday. it only took about 20 minutes and made quite a difference; more pickup
Old 03-30-2005, 10:34 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i know half of that had nothing to do with the subject of this but i just wanted to brag about the new additions
Old 03-30-2005, 10:51 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Very nice additions. It is running fine currently so I don't know what the hell is going on with it. Thanks for all of the input.

Quick Reply: Computer Problems