Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0355 only when cold outside...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:51 AM
mattsimonton
2nd Gear Member

Default p0355 only when cold outside...

as some of you guys know, I just got my car back two weeks ago from getting rebuilt and tuned. Well I got a nother prob. I have a dtc p0355 (ignition col E primary secondary circuit) popping up when the car is cold. I warm up the car for about 15-20 minutes and as soon as I put it in first gear and start moving the cel comes on.
If I clear the code it stays off unless the car has been sitting and gets cold (outiside temp is 28 degrees) When it was tuned it was 85+ in san antonio. The plugs and c.o.p. check out ok. Iswitched the cop with another cylinder and the plugs show no signs of fouling (they area little over a month old.) I have a sct tuner and all the parameters were left open ( I havent touched them) is there an option in there that may solve my problem. Is it the tune? There is no differenceinhow the car acts. Every once in a while shegets flooded but thathappened before the rebuild.The lighthasnt comeon when it was warm outside...

thanks
matt
Old 02-12-2008, 09:48 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: p0355 only when cold outside...

when you switched the c.o.p. to another cylinder,
did the trouble code change

if you're not sure, move the "E" c.o.p. somewhere
else and see if the DTC code changes....

ORIGINAL: mattsimonton

as some of you guys know, I just got my car back two weeks ago from getting rebuilt and tuned. Well I got a nother prob. I have a dtc p0355 (ignition col E primary secondary circuit) popping up when the car is cold. I warm up the car for about 15-20 minutes and as soon as I put it in first gear and start moving the cel comes on.
If I clear the code it stays off unless the car has been sitting and gets cold (outiside temp is 28 degrees) When it was tuned it was 85+ in san antonio. The plugs and c.o.p. check out ok. Iswitched the cop with another cylinder and the plugs show no signs of fouling (they area little over a month old.) I have a sct tuner and all the parameters were left open ( I havent touched them) is there an option in there that may solve my problem. Is it the tune? There is no differenceinhow the car acts. Every once in a while shegets flooded but thathappened before the rebuild.The lighthasnt comeon when it was warm outside...

thanks
matt
Old 02-12-2008, 08:31 PM
mattsimonton
2nd Gear Member

no it didnt change. Im also a retard and got my cylinders mixed up and pulled the wrong plug to check if it was good. I must have had a brain fart. I pulled the #5 plug and the gap had been closed to about half of what it was supposed to be. Guess what, she idles better and no light yet since I re gapped them. I am using autolite HT0 plugs. Would that have been the reason she through the code? It seemed as if I would lose a cylinder for a second or two and then it would kick back in... I drove it around and there wasnt a problem, I got it into boost and she held up good. Ill take it out tomorrow and see if it comes up again.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:39 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

well i'm glad it's running better....i have
the HT0 plugs also and mine are gapped
to around.032 (for 10psi)