Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pros and cons, buying GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:15 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pros and cons, buying GT

ORIGINAL: jdphillips73

well, i didnt buy the gt..i bought the v6 pony package vert...

the car is great except , like all new cars, they are worth half what you pay for them in 5-7 years. A terrible investment.
In general, yes. But not always... http://www.barrett-jackson.com/media...2008Top100.pdf
Old 02-12-2008, 01:35 PM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

Proseverything.....

Cons You single bastards not having enuff room for all the hotbush to fit in the car with you (damn single lucky bastards)
Old 02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

PROS - She is a lot of fun to drive.
Interier - get the leather it is very nice. Seats are supportave. gages are cool.
Power - It is quick for the money.
Price - no car at this price range competes (look at the new challanger it is $40k)
Gas milage - This isn't a civic so it doesn't get 30mpg and isn't built to. For the amount of power it has it gets good milage. Look at the new challanger 13mpg city. And it runs on regular stock

Cons
-Winter driving she slides in the snow (fix for this is learn how to drive )
-No sunroof option _oh well can live without this

Anyway in my opnion thier is still nothing like it at this price range. I was hoping for more from the challanger but it gets like 13mpg in the city and is crazy expensive.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:38 PM
cefiro80
2nd Gear Member

The only cons I would list is something that some else said earlier. The transmission to me is rough at times. Other than that a very well put together automobile.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:38 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

I'll mention some pros and cons that haven't been said.

Pro:

It's inexpensive.

Low mileage used Mustang GT's can be bought in excellent condition for LESS than a new V6. I searched the internet for five minutes and found 2005 GT's with less that 15k miles for $19k. You can easily buy a 2006 GT with less than 30k miles, any color, all options if you want for around $20k.

All of them still had warranties and you can even buy an extended warranty (why?) from Ford prior to the expiration of factory warranty.

Cons:

Insurance can be expensive! If you think insurance cost could be a problem, then call your agent for a quote.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Rax

GO BUY IT RIGHT NOW!!

I drove a 02 expedition untill about a month ago. I work for a company that gets the x-Plan so I figured why not I am young and single so I should live a little. (I wont brag about what I payed but the sales guy didnt want to talk to me after the X-bomb droped.)

YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!!

I love my trip to and from work every day. I can not wait till 5 to go drive today, it is 65 and sunny here. Also Ican not stop reading the forums looking for what I want to do next.

CONS:
The coment about the 5-spd is true it does fight some but I am sure there is something that can change that.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:08 PM
neilgehrke
I ♥ Acer

Thanks for the info so far. This car would be a daily driver with a 45 min commute to work, 70/30 hw/city.I had 187,000 miles on my '87 GT when I sold it.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:37 PM
birdoffire7
2nd Gear Member

Cons: They cost more.

Pros: Everything else. Traded a 06 4.0 for a 07 GT, my insurance when up 6 bucks a month. Big flip. Gas mileage is a little lower, but the fun quotient is much higher. Wish I could have afforded the GT the first time around!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:40 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Wow, for me was easy..I saw it, I liked it..I bought it...dont regret it..
Old 02-12-2008, 06:21 PM
xtremesaleen
2nd Gear Member

There may be "slight" cons with the stang but nothing that i wouldnt mod anyway... like CAI and tune really wake the car up and another thing on my to do list is a Tri-ax shifter.

Its a fun car, i get lots of stares ; )

And as for winter issues i think its excellent, just don't drive like an *** when the weather isnt permitting. I have the factory p-zero neros on the car (13k miles)with some kitty litter and i made it home tonight... Snow covered in sleet and i slid 2 times minimally on the way home which is about a 20-25 mile drive mixed highway and back roads.

The ONLY con is my payment lol i want more $ to pay for the stangs' toys

Quick Reply: Pros and cons, buying GT