Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed with the 2005 stang

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Chosen One

Default Disappointed with the 2005 stang

Just wanted to say that after seeing these new '05 stangs on the roads, i am pretty much disappointed.for me the <'05 mustangs had unique headlights and even though the scoop on the hood served no purpose, it gave the stang its mean muscle-car look and commanded respect.also the back/rear side is simply horrible.and what about the width of the wheels?!! are they trying to compete with toyota corolla tyres or what?!

simply disappointed!hope they bring back the previous model.

I dont mean to offend anybody who owns a new stang,but its just that I luv the stangs so much that I just feel this pain when I see such a glamor car look so ugly and non-muscle(ish).

What do you'll say?

Old 03-31-2005, 11:05 PM
clewin73

Default RE: Disappointed with the 2005 stang

I say you can get a good deal on an 04.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:18 PM
sdmahr
1st Gear Member

That explains why sales are up 45% over the previous years, the long wait times on orders, and why there is a media and public "frenzy" over the 05's, not to mention commanding top prices.

I saw a big $3000.00 discount banner on an 04' at the dealership. Its still there. ???
Old 03-31-2005, 11:23 PM
squirrel

ORIGINAL: sdmahr

That explains why sales are up 45% over the previous years, the long wait times on orders, and why there is a media and public "frenzy" over the 05's, not to mention commanding top prices.

I saw a big $3000.00 discount banner on an 04' at the dealership. Its still there. ???
LOL...so true
[sm=closed.gif]
Old 03-31-2005, 11:27 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

If you dont like the way it is there is a thing called aftermarket that can help you beef up or make up the stang the way you want. There is no need to hate... just appreciate
Old 03-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Dare
1st Gear Member

As I read thru the reviews from the auto mags, the designers of the '05 had an objective of keeping the Mustang down to certain price points making the Mustang the most bang for the buck in terms of the "muscle car" class. In terms of design, the Mustang is at a crossroads -- they can either go into a totally new direction making the car look futuristic, or go into a retro direction. The problem I see is that now the design is in a jam, taking a step backwards into retro land... you have to wonder where will they go from here, or is this retro look going to last awhile like the previous version did.

The good thing is that the older styles don't seem to lose their appeal, in my mind anyway, all Mustangs look pretty cool.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:56 PM
Silent Bob
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chosen One

and what about the width of the wheels?!! are they trying to compete with toyota corolla tyres or what
It has 17"x8"....thats big for stock wheels. A corolla has what 14"x6.5"? Are you expecting 10" wide wheels on a stock car? Don't think so.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:05 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Just wanted to say that after seeing these new '05 stangs on the roads, i am pretty much disappointed.for me the <'05 mustangs had unique headlights and even though the scoop on the hood served no purpose, it gave the stang its mean muscle-car look and commanded respect.also the back/rear side is simply horrible.and what about the width of the wheels?!! are they trying to compete with toyota corolla tyres or what?!

simply disappointed!hope they bring back the previous model.

I dont mean to offend anybody who owns a new stang,but its just that I luv the stangs so much that I just feel this pain when I see such a glamor car look so ugly and non-muscle(ish).

What do you'll say?

What do we all say? Since we all own or have an 05 on order we probably like them a little more than you, but I do have a question for you..... why did you just join an 05 mustang tech forum, just to say you don't like them? You have way too much time on your hands brudda. LMAO
Old 04-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Chosen One

ORIGINAL: sdmahr

dude,everything is selling like hot pancakes today.i see hundreds of new chevy malibu's on the rodas today;their sales have definetly gone up too.I am not even talking about the commercial angle over here.

Its just about the mustang heritage that we all are so proud of.DO you think this new model is worthy enough to be showcased in such a proud and rich legacy of the mustang muscle car? The answer is simple for me.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Chosen One

ORIGINAL: Silent Bob

and what about the width of the wheels?!! are they trying to compete with toyota corolla tyres or what
It has 17"x8"....thats big for stock wheels. A corolla has what 14"x6.5"? Are you expecting 10" wide wheels on a stock car? Don't think so.

I was talking about this width (as pointed by the arrows in the below posted screenshot)
Dosent it look like a corolla tyre/wheel??

[IMG]local://upfiles/9818/E0B5A47D6D46440A961CCE1F49F99ADD.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Disappointed with the 2005 stang