Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my lug wrench covered under my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:23 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Is my lug wrench covered under my warranty?

Definitely some crazy stories. That reminds me that I should put a flashlight in my backseat. The jack is kinda crappy isn't it? I liked my one for my explorer because at least it lifted using the axle (if I can remember right). Just felt more secure to me...As for the lug wrench, I am totally going to the dealer and gonna see if they replace it. Especially since the dealer is the last one that torqued my lugs. Thanks Fred!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:33 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Here's what I would recommend. Go to your nearest Harbor Freight tools (or to thier web-site) order a 1/2 inch breaker bar, and purchase the ONE deep socket from Lowes that fit's the wheels. This won't brake and should fit in the area the old lug wrench fit.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:00 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gatkins94

Here's what I would recommend. Go to your nearest Harbor Freight tools (or to thier web-site) order a 1/2 inch breaker bar, and purchase the ONE deep socket from Lowes that fit's the wheels. This won't brake and should fit in the area the old lug wrench fit.
+1

I was about to suggest the same thing. I've been usingthe sameCraftsman breaker bar and deep socket as a lug wrench since 1977. I did manage to brake the socket once and Sears replaced it no questions asked.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:10 PM
xtoolmaker
1st Gear Member

I do the breaker bar and socket also.If you torque the lug nuts with a torque wrench you should have no problem getting them off with a breaker bar.Like the first oil filter removal the first lug nut removal is a hoot. Those assy.plant workers have got a great sense of humor.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:24 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fred Malibu

Well I didnt see anyone actually answer the question.. so here's my answer..

if the car is under warranty, then yes, they should replace the part for you. my service department sent me to the parts department with a slip that said the car was under warranty and they should replace it. they had me a new one two days later when I came back to pick up other parts. I just turned my old one in so they could send it in somewhere to prove it was broken.

they are kinda crappy..

good luck with your dealer.

FM

He said he wasn't serious. Of course they would replace it. He was asking for options.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:25 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

I just call AAA and they send a guy to change my tire. I just wait inside with a cup of hot cocoa
Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

hard @$$
Old 02-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: Fred Malibu

Well I didnt see anyone actually answer the question.. so here's my answer..

if the car is under warranty, then yes, they should replace the part for you. my service department sent me to the parts department with a slip that said the car was under warranty and they should replace it. they had me a new one two days later when I came back to pick up other parts. I just turned my old one in so they could send it in somewhere to prove it was broken.

they are kinda crappy..

good luck with your dealer.

FM

He said he wasn't serious. Of course they would replace it. He was asking for options.
.. well I got a thanks, so at least he appreciated it..

anyways, I guess I jumped straight to the second paragraph to read.. I never follow directions or read things fully..lol. Oh well.

in answer to his actual serious ?, I just got a lug wrench from walmart ($4 = nice) .. it's collapsable and has 4 different sizes (21mm I think is the size of ours..)

Old 02-18-2008, 09:41 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Well I bought one of those cheesy collapsable ones. I'm gonna throw that in the trunk. But I might go look at breaker bars and sockets too. I saw some of those at Sears tonight (by the way, they didn't have any damn lug wrenches) and they look kinda expensive.

I must admit, I find it funny that something as silly as the lug wrench has created this many replies compared to other bigger issues!

Thanks for the advice guys!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:51 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

A few months ago, I was changing my flat tire at my house and broke the dam cheap jack. I accidently broke the handle off of it. It broke right at the indent in it. Ford replaced it under warranty. They just swapped it out with the broke one.

Quick Reply: Is my lug wrench covered under my warranty?