Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

45 and cant keep my foot out of it

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:31 AM
NeNCGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 45 and cant keep my foot out of it

I'm right there with ya. 45 and just love to hear that V8 run! Kinda makes you feel 16 again don't it?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:39 AM
NeNCGT
1st Gear Member

As far as self control. Call your insurance company and ask them whatwould be the increase in premiums if you should get a ticket for say 10 milesover thelimit. Thatmay slow you down for a day or two.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:52 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

It all depends on what I'm driving. When I drive the wife's Intrepid I'm a little ol' grampa. When I get in the Mustang get the hell outa my way... I get very aggresive. I don't mean I drive unsafely but I am very impatient with other drivers and I do tend to stomp on it quite regularly. Its like I have a Dr Jeckle [sm=teetertooter.gif] Mr Hyde personality depending on what I'm driving.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

And I thought it was just me lol. It is very hard for me not to romp on it. I do like to accelerate faster than normal from stoplights and signs, leaving everyone else behind. It doesn't take much . Then when I'm in my wife's car it seems like she takes off at a snail's pace.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

If it's in your blood, it may change a little. But it'll probably never go away.

You get better at picking the times and places to play, and maybe don't run up to quite the same speeds as before.

Norm
(age 60, doesn't matter what I'm driving - all get driven hard, conditions permitting)
Old 02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Thatsfor sure.My mother has a very modified Stang (89) and she rockets all over the place. Shes in her 70s by the way. I see that you're from north eastern N.C. what part? I'm from Elizabeth City.
ORIGINAL: NeNCGT

I'm right there with ya. 45 and just love to hear that V8 run! Kinda makes you feel 16 again don't it?
Old 02-19-2008, 01:10 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Self control is the key... But sometimes you just loose it. I can cruize like mr Cool, 40mph in 5th, let everyone pass me, not a worry in the world.

But then I suddenly drop a gear, or two, and mash it... It's just that kind of car. And it's perfectly happy doing both. As am I... 26 here, so I am considered a responsible adult by the insurance companies.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:28 PM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

I've had mine going on 2 years now and the urge has somewhat subsided.
Except for the occasional windup to redline when merging onto the interstate (when there's no traffic) and a near-WOT clutch dump in 2nd on turns I'm usually the slowest car on the road.
I did give my wife and daughter-in-law a bit of fun the other day when I broke her loose on a turn - daughter-in-law says 'You could've warned me' to which my wife responds 'I can tell when he's gonna do something because he always tightens his sealbelt right before'.
I could only grin.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I like a sprint every once in awhile, but I usually baby my car.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:30 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

I'm only 41, and no I cant keep my foot out of it. The S/C mod should be enough for anyone to realize that I dont keep out of it. That would defeat the purpose of it. Its hardwired in to me. I do have my moods though. I drive a Caravan more than the Mustang, and I still will fudge with other drivers at a stoplight. Its even better when I win with that. It doesnt happen very often, but it does.
There is no cure. It'sa lifelong disease that wont go away.Just enjoy itin moderation.

Quick Reply: 45 and cant keep my foot out of it