Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger & CAI Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:30 AM
Chris D
1st Gear Member

Default Supercharger & CAI Question

Is there a twin screw supercharger on the market that is configured so that you can usean existing CAI on an 06 GT? I have a Steeda CAI and TBS that I just installed in December. I want to go FI but I would like to re-use current components if possible. I thought about a centrifugal, but I want instant power off the line and I could't use the Steeda CAI either. Also, I have an FRPP Strut Tower Brace. Will it clear the supercharger? Any advice is welcome and pics would be great.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:08 AM
smythge
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger & CAI Question

I have the same question, I know that Brenspeed sells the Saleen twin screw with a Steeda intake, but I am not 100% sure it's the same CAI that you have. I have the C&L street intake and am wondering if it will work with the Saleen, if anyone knows please post.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:20 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

The steeda CAI is really just a MAF so yes it will work with a Saleen. Call brenspeed and they will discount the kits for parts you already own like the CAI and tuner.

As far as C&L street my answer is yes but you will need to modify some things and get a custom tune I would assume. I have a friend that can weld aluminum and thought about trying it but went whipple instead. I do know alot of people who did it with a JLT. But those are plastic so with a heat gun you can mold it to fit.

Good luck
Old 02-19-2008, 08:35 AM
mattsimonton
2nd Gear Member

It should work with the saleen since the stock airbox will work with it. If I were in your shoes, I would send in the tuner you have and get the tune they produce for that set up. Install the sc and flash the system and take it straight to a dyno tuner. Thats what I would do. I had a problem with a canned tune from Kenne bell and it aided in the self destruction of my first motor and the need of a rebuild on my second. Alot of people have luck but I am one of the few that have had a streak of bad luck with canned tunes as they are not specifically designed for your exact car. THey are a generic tune.
thats what I would do.
Here are some numbers you may be interested in. The stock tranny and rearend are good up to about 450 bhp on a prepped track. If it is a street beast you can get 500-550 and not have to worry about anything other than the clutch. Wheel spin is what saves your drive train on the street. Those figures came from the guys at Murrillo motorsports in san antonio. So you would be safe with either saleen sc. There is no other sc That I know of that can use the cai you have. I had the same one and should have went with the saleen but I got the kb instead.