Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am building a car computer / NO SHAKER!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 10:17 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I am building a car computer / NO SHAKER!

haha.. your right .. I hope you take alot of pic and give price info when you do yours.. I bough the prem GT and I have a "working shaker" and I love it. 6-disk pm3 with power to hurt my ears.. I just hate the idea of taking it all out and buying another systme for 3K because I do want nav.. I'm a little confused with the computer solution your talking of.. you have the lcd in the dash.. but where is the dvd player at? how do you have nav AND play dvds at the same time? do you need 2 players hidden? If your in Cali I would love to see this stuff.. I thought I would get the nav :

http://www.gps-planet.com/gast26.html

That way I get the best of both worlds.. but I would love to have an lcd like that.. ahhhhhhhh...
Old 04-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Oh I will price, photo, break down and share everything I do...

I am aNorth Cali native, but my home is now Tennessee, but I do make it out there very often in fact will be there again this upcoming weekend...

Esentialy what we are talking about is a PC Computer in the car...

Ideally I would like to be able to place it inside the dash room permitting. Otherwise taking over the glove box is an option. That way the Optical drive can be placed in the dash for easy access. (I am using a Pioneer Slot Load DVD drive, no drawer).

If for some reasom I can't get it mounted up front the last alternative is to place the Carputer in the trunk and run the video to the LCD touch screen, BTW the touch screen I am using is the MOST expensive part, aprox $700, but most people setups would normally run about $200, but I want perfection so it will cost more...

GPS Nav is so bloody simple it sickning. A GPS antenna is about $70, screws into the serial port and then you run your choice of GPS/Nav software... (uh free if you dont mind pyr8ting!!) Run it at the same time as anything or everything else...
Old 04-06-2005, 07:30 AM
mbkowns
1st Gear Member

Ya I photochoped it.... had to get a feel for it. I have had finals all week so I have been busy... Spring Break here I come so I can built this carputer more.

If any of you have Aol instant Messanger and what to aks me some questions IM me

IllMBKllI = AIM

I have spent many many hours looking up what to do and I have got it down good now.

When my stang comes I will post some pictures of the process until then ask away

thanks

Check it out

OR

Without Front SLOT DVD Drive

With Front SLOT DVD Drive

Old 04-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Euphoria

HI I dont know how iss you PC project going on, but I found this PIONEER DVD GPS Unit It seems pretty nice.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:29 PM
mbkowns
1st Gear Member

That is lame those screens that are single din don't look right. I am going for a clean factory look....
Old 04-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Euphoria

Yeah, let me know if you find or build one.