Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Opinion on car Exterior and Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:16 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default Need Opinion on car Exterior and Wheels

Alright now I have taken a year to decide on a form of Forced Induction and I have the rest of my performance mods spec’d out I need to start thinking about the outside of the car.

The first thing I am going to buy is the wheels, but which wheels I choose will directly affect the rest of the car.

One Choice is modern and works out to be a little cheaper for me.

These are new 20’s from tire rack. 20 x 8’s on the front and 20 x 10’s on the rear.

I have no interest in lowering the car so I plan on running 255/40/20’s on the front and 275/40/20’s on the back. These are 28.8 inches tall so much more than stock but I have seen them on non lowered cars and they fill the wheel well perfectly and the owners state they have no problems. Those sizes are also fairly inexpensive for there size. If I think the overall gearing is too affected I might up the gear to a 3.73 or 4.10 to compensate.

If I went with these wheels I would do the GT-500 chin spoiler mod, CDC Blackout panel, GT-500 Spoiler, and a custom grille I have in my head. And maybe a Cervinis Concept hood in the future.

Second Choice is more Old-school muscle car. I would do just 18” DD Anthracite bullets. (We all know what those look like.) I would run a 255/45/18 on the front and a 285/40/18 on the back. I might lower just the rear of the car if I run these. For the rest of the aesthetics I would do a California special front bumper & rear bumper, Cervinis C series hood, and painted semi-gloss black racing stripes, and side stripes with GT-350 in classic script. I would change the GT side badges to tri-bar ponies, and do the same semi custom grille as above.

As you can see second choice is a lot more expensive. Not that, that is bad it will just take a lot longer to accomplish. I think I would like both but I am really torn. If you guys (or girls) have any inputs I would appreciate. I know this is really 2 ends of the spectrum, but I plan on keeping this car for a long time so I want to be sure.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:53 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default RE: Need Opinion on car Exterior and Wheels

Personally I would go with the old school look. I dislike the rims you posted in option 1.

I have the same tire size with 18"s, and I love the staggered look. You can see what it looks like in my gallery.

I am pro old school though... 20"s dont look bad, but I think staggered 18"s look awesome.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:55 AM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Anthracite deep dish
Old 02-21-2008, 01:30 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Ok so no one like the 20's?

I think that is weird since in general I dont normally like them but I think these look great.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

old school look!
Old 02-21-2008, 01:38 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

those wheels look importish.. nice, but look like they go best with a Supra
Old 02-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

I really think those are tolite looking to have on a car that wont be lowered, and the 40 profile tire will really show on them.Better with the old school look if you arent going to lower the car.

You spent all that money on a whipple and your not going to do any suspension work, and areconcerned the price difference of low profile tires?
Old 02-21-2008, 02:16 PM
ApexStang
2nd Gear Member

I think you just described my car!

Old 02-21-2008, 03:46 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

get what you like im not a fan of the bullits but some of them do look really nice
Old 02-21-2008, 04:33 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ApexStang

I think you just described my car!

Yup I sure did, I still love your car. I just wanted to weigh my options.

My best friend keeps telling me to get 20's but I never liked any of them. For some reason I really like the ones above.

I think I got a sign today at lunch though. I saw a mustang in the parking lot with 20" razors. Normally I just nice car and keep walking but today I stopped and stared a while try to picture what my car would look like. I just dont think it fits my personality. Plus I am not sure I want to give up the hp to spin those 20's. You can never have enough hp so I dont think I want to give any up just for looks.

See that is why I wanted to float the idea out there because it makes me think harder myself.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Need Opinion on car Exterior and Wheels