Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

Default Serious Dilemma

Ok folks I have a serious dilemma which I'd like some input on. On one of my first posts here, I expressed an interest to modify my V6 Pony to make it a little more respectable than stock - FRPP duals, CAI and tuner package, 3.73 gears, and a T-Lok. Here's a brief history on myself so you can more appreciate my dilemma:

I bought my car brand new in 06 after I got a new job (and could therefore afford it). It's an auto as I didn't know how to drive stick at the time. Last summer, I bought a 95 Camaro Z28, 6-speed manual with some aftermarket mods, so I could learn stick on it, and maybe somewhere down the line learn how to do mods on it myself. Long story short, I realize I don't have time for two cars, and now the Camaro can be found here.

I blue booked my Stang at a little over 14k, and once the Camaro is gone that will be at least another 4k in my pocket. My dilemma is this: should I trade my V6 in plus whatever the cash difference is for a used Mustang GT with a 5-speed, or should I modify the V6 and save the rest of the money? The pros of this would be that I could drive a stick now, which is much more fun than an auto, plus I'd have a more powerful base car that I wouldn't be yearning to make faster. The cons are of course more money spent on gas and insurance, and the headaches that inevitably come along with a used car...plus I'm a little sentimental when it comes to my baby

Your input is much appreciated, everyone.

Did I mention I'm 23 and single?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:05 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Serious Dilemma

You know the pros and cons. Follow your gut.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:21 AM
moburto07GT
2nd Gear Member

My opinion would be to trade in the V6 for a GT manual. I did the same thing, but i traded in a 03 Hyundai Tiburon GTfor my 07 MustangGT Manual. My insurance only went up about $12 a year. So in my eyes it was worth the extra money spent on gas to upgrade to an American V8 with all kinds of possiblilites to mod it to make it my own. Now dont get me wrong the V6 Mustangs are nice but there is just something about owning a V8 that appeals to me. Again this is just my opinion. Oh and im also 23.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 AM
alanlee112
1st Gear Member

GT
Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Totally get the GT.

But, don't kid yourself that you won't be yearning to make it faster.. I haven't even owned mine a year yet, and look at my sig.. *sigh*

Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

GT or sell the V6 and use the money on the Camaro.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Dorsil
2nd Gear Member

Im pretty sure this isnt a Serious dilemma..

its a, as soon as I sell off my spare car, Ill be ready to trade in for a GT 5spd.

im 25, and I went from driving a Honda, into a GT and it was the most amazing experience ever =) Just enjoy the ride, im pretty sure you know what your doing
Old 02-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exx1976

Totally get the GT.

But, don't kid yourself that you won't be yearning to make it faster.. I haven't even owned mine a year yet, and look at my sig.. *sigh*

Wow, that's a lot of stuff you've done to your car. Luckily in my position if I were to get the GT I wouldn't have much more money for anything else lol...except maybe a short throw shifter...some gears...a CAI...uh-oh
Old 02-22-2008, 10:34 AM
TJMJoe
2nd Gear Member

How much do you expect to gain off the camaro? You said 4k?
And why duid you rough it up so much
NYC drivers *sigh*
Old 02-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJMJoe

How much do you expect to gain off the camaro? You said 4k?
And why duid you rough it up so much
NYC drivers *sigh*
Yeah 4k.

Lol before you stereotype all of us NY drivers, know that I was cutoff by a d-bag in a Benz...I was in the left lane, he swerved out to get ahead of a double parked car (no signal and didn't wait for clearance) andI crushed his door afterslamming on my brakes. That camaro is a tank, I probably could have rammed through his car and kept going, and with the way that guy drives I probably would have been doing the world a favor.

Quick Reply: Serious Dilemma