Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regreted mods. Pick a mod you were disappointed with.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default Regreted mods. Pick a mod you were disappointed with.

Have tax return and ready to spend money. Anyway called local Mustang Shop and was given

information and I'm not sure what to think. First I have the 4:10 gears which he said was the

thing to do to the car. Second I have C&L CAI/Brenspeed Tune and he praise that as being

second. Even mention to me that the axlebacks were good too. I have those already. Then

to quit the $hit here and get to the point. 1. I mention headers and he said unless you get

longtubes it wouldn't make a difference no loss there I been informed of that here, however

if you didn't get a super charger long tube headers wouldn't make a difference either. Alum.

driveshaft was no big deal it was better for later work but it didn't really make any difference

on the butt dyno. So in other words he said save your money for a supercharger. I did

mention in an email I sent to them about polished heads and that was a decent suggestion

but the car would have to be out of commission for seven days and it would cost about 1500

to 2000 for that. This is my daily driver. Anyway I think my bubble has been busted. Maybe

it's time to come to reality and think about rims and tires and forget all this bull$hit. Anyone

here regret their mods? Check honestly the choices that you really didn't feel satisfaction

with. Give explanation why.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:27 AM
PhattyDre16
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Called local Mustang shop and I'm lost for words........

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Have tax return and ready to spend money. Anyway called local Mustang Shop and was given

information and I'm not sure what to think. First I have the 4:10 gears which he said was the

thing to do to the car. Second I have C&L CAI/Brenspeed Tune and he praise that as being

second. Even mention to me that the axlebacks were good too. I have those already. Then

to quit the $hit here and get to the point. 1. I mention headers and he said unless you get

longtubes it wouldn't make a difference no loss there I been informed of that here, however

if you didn't get a super charger long tube headers wouldn't make a difference either. Alum.

driveshaft was no big deal it was better for later work but it didn't really make any difference

on the butt dyno. So in other words he said save your money for a supercharger. I did

mention in an email I sent to them about polished heads and that was a decent suggestion

but the car would have to be out of commission for seven days and it would cost about 1500

to 2000 for that. This is my daily driver. Anyway I think my bubble has been busted. Maybe

it's time to come to reality and think about rims and tires and forget all this bull$hit. Anyone

here regret their mods?
You got your return already? Damn. C'mon IRS! Daddy wants a new pair of shoes!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:44 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

I wasn't happy with my PIE FRDAUX line-in adapter. It's a piece of ****.

Everything else I've been with so far.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Wasted my money on 2 things: Magnetic black out panel and interior welt.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Can someone recommend what I should do next?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:53 AM
washamur
3rd Gear Member

Even though I get compliments on them ... I really do not like my rims. I only bought 18's because of some bogus "Free Tires For Life" deal ... then found out the "parameters" of the deal.

Wish I had of gone w/ 20's from the beginning.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

I like your rims, but I want 18" black with a chrome lip.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:00 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

-If you want to get a S/C, pass on the underdrives. Wont be able to use them after its on. CAI wont work with many S/C's. I think the Saleen is the only one you can use any CAI with. I dont have a Saleen, but someone else can verify this.
-Buddy of mine got a Hurst shifter and come to the conclusion it wasnt worth it. He still has it though just because he spent money on it.
-Throttle body wont do much good unless you are boosted.
-Driveshaft frees up some drivetrain loss, a couple guys here immediately noticed a difference.
-Long tubes definetly give more power than shorties. I chose shorties because I didnt want any issues with MIL, and install was easy.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:00 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Margarita Girl

Wasted my money on 2 things: Magnetic black out panel and interior welt.
i totally agree about the welt - i thought it looked like sh*t. i think we both mentioned this in some other thread before...

other than that, i've definitely replaced more mods because of me changing my mind, than i've been disappointed in mods, i.e. side scoops, billet grille overlay and i want to switch my 1/4 window louvers for a set of silverhorse ones.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

How about tints without the moleskin?[:@]

Quick Reply: Regreted mods. Pick a mod you were disappointed with.