Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 GT Popping noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:19 PM
mikeliz

Default 05 GT Popping noise

Have had my 05 GT since mid December, no complaints, drives and runs like a dream EXCEPT FOR the popping noise in the front end when turning at low speed, sometimes from the rear. Seem to be getting nowhere fast with dealership or corporate on this. Have heard of others with same problems. Any TSB`s or info i can throw at dealer. Any help appreciated. Seems like someone is burying their head in the sand over this one
regards
Old 04-04-2005, 10:26 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 05 GT Popping noise

Talked to two different dealerships. Same thing from both:
Ford acknoledges the issue, and is investigating a fix. We have no current fix.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:22 AM
jnbishop

Mine just got back from the shop to. Said I should call back atleast once a week to see if they have any info. I've had the bushings on the front sway bar replaced once, I guess ford told the delership to stop doing that because it does not fix the problem.. No kidding it started poping 2 weeks later!!!!! [sm=boosign.gif]
If I find anything out I will post it!!
Old 04-16-2005, 06:29 AM
jackal2403

I just wrote a post on this. I'm having the same problem. I thought i was the only one. I'm going to the dealership either saturday or monday and post my findings
Old 04-16-2005, 05:00 PM
lexigirl

I just had my car in to have the gas tank and cd player replaced. I told them about the popping noise and they duplicated it while driving. They told me Ford is aware and is investigating fix. The service manager told me it isn't dangerous in any way, and that in due time, it will be taken care of. Just be patient. Ford is aware and has issued the problem some kind of number, indicating awareness and progress.

BTW, they replaced the gas tank and cd player with no questions asked. So, I have confidence they will eventually issue a TSB on the popping and fix that, too.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:53 PM
grubeda

My car's making the popping noise too. The dealer already tried tightening the front struts and told me that one of them was a little loose, however it didn't fix the problem. They told me the same thing: call back at least once a week to see if they have any info...
Old 04-18-2005, 10:10 AM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

I have had the same problem with my 05. I have had it in the shop a couple of times for the poping noise, and the first time they tighten up some parts and it was ok for a few weeks. Then the second time it was in the shop for the same noise, they then said it was a rock causing it...yeah right. Well the noise came back in a week or so, put it back in and they contacted Ford and Ford said to stop trying to fix it, they were checking in to the problem and for me to check back soon. I sent Ford a email a week ago and still have not gotten a response....that really upsets me. Also I have been waiting to get my Shaker 1000 fixed, they orderd new amps a month or 2 ago, still have not gotten them in...or should I say they told me they have 2 of the 3 in, and don't know when the 3rd one will be in, it is on backorder and do not have a arrival date at this time. I am really up set over this all. My radio works but not like it should. I love my car and love driving it, but would like it to work right when I do drive it. I have always been a mustang owner and will always be a mustang owner.
Sorry I guess I just had to vent a little, could be worse.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Joubert

I have had the exact same problem from the beginning as well (I bought my 05 GT in February). It always seems to happen while turning at very low speed. I've been too lazy to deal with it, seems like my laziness may pay off for now as you all have the same problem and Ford is supposedly working on it. Hopefully the popping isn't a warning that the front end is about to fly apart at the seams on the highway!

Otherwise, the car is fantastic and love to drive it way more than any car I've owned.

Joubert
Old 04-19-2005, 10:47 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Hey... let's direct these complaints at Sheehy Ford Richmond... since they saw fit to post an "ad" on the forum. [sm=bangbang.gif]
Old 04-19-2005, 11:50 PM
05_Bullitt
I ♥ Acer

Just so you guys know...

I had my 05 GT for a about a week or so and the popping noise started.

The within two days I installed my Eibach Pro Kit. After that there was no popping.

There are a few things in the front end that are taken out when they replace the front springs... Ok... I ran out to my garage and got the paperwork from Eibach Pro Kit. They remove the OEM front bumpstop and metal cup.

Maybe that's where the noise came from... because it's been completely gone for about 1,000 miles.

- Good luck all

Quick Reply: 05 GT Popping noise