Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 07:55 PM
Suecra

Default Electrical problems

I have an '07 ford mustang 4.0L

I've had this issue where theres a parasitic drain coming from my horn so I just remove the fuse to avoid it. I'm looking to get this actually fixed because its been a year long battle on my own trying to figure it out. Once a parasitic drain has been tracked down what do I begin to replace/look for? I've gone through all the grounds to assure they are a good connection. Many other aftermarket parts have been taken out/disconnected to ensure its not them causing this (i.e. sound system/radio/remote start). My fog lights also do not work, they would work normal and would sometimes go off over bumps, now they don't work at all, and my only last suspicioun is that its the build in the headlight switch itself, otherwise im stunned. Third issue that I've had since I had the car is my left driver side sub goes out. Car came with the shaker 500 system and it had the problem when I bought it, I've since replaced the radio/subs/speakers and the same consistent/inconsistent problem still happens where it goes out/is underpowered, my last assumption on that one is that the amp for it is bunk, anyone know which one goes to the left sub, the one on the left or right? (under dash drivers side). If you can help with any of these problems please do, they all happened at different times so I assume I'll be finding three solutions instead of knocking them all out at once.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:09 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Suecra
I have an '07 ford mustang 4.0L

I've had this issue where theres a parasitic drain coming from my horn so I just remove the fuse to avoid it. I'm looking to get this actually fixed because its been a year long battle on my own trying to figure it out. Once a parasitic drain has been tracked down what do I begin to replace/look for? I've gone through all the grounds to assure they are a good connection. Many other aftermarket parts have been taken out/disconnected to ensure its not them causing this (i.e. sound system/radio/remote start). My fog lights also do not work, they would work normal and would sometimes go off over bumps, now they don't work at all, and my only last suspicioun is that its the build in the headlight switch itself, otherwise im stunned. Third issue that I've had since I had the car is my left driver side sub goes out. Car came with the shaker 500 system and it had the problem when I bought it, I've since replaced the radio/subs/speakers and the same consistent/inconsistent problem still happens where it goes out/is underpowered, my last assumption on that one is that the amp for it is bunk, anyone know which one goes to the left sub, the one on the left or right? (under dash drivers side). If you can help with any of these problems please do, they all happened at different times so I assume I'll be finding three solutions instead of knocking them all out at once.
Are you certain the fuse feeding power to the horn does not also feed other accessories? imp
Old 09-28-2017, 10:21 PM
Suecra

From what I can tell yes. Nothing else gets affected. I lose my ability to use the horn by pulling the fuse and nothing else does. Manual says its the fuse for the horn as well number 46.