Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is the V6 Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 09:24 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Why is the V6 Bad?

Why I bought a V6...

I wanted the convertible. I am impatient. The V6 convetible started production 3 weeks before the GT.

EVEN if I would have gotten the GT, I would have paid the car off... gotten myself something smaller and good on gas for daily driving... and swapped the engine out... Sure the 4.6 has the stock 300... and that's great and all... but as said before, it's nothing compared to the Cobra engine. Until I can pay this off, and get a small/cheap car, it's nice to have better gas mileage for my daily driver. Cheaper insurance and a lower monthly payment don't hurt either.

I actually prefer the look of a V6 to the GT. I don't like flashy emblems everywhere. I don't need fog lights, nor do I like how the mess up the grill.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:38 PM
BradC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: squirrel

Well using the same theories im reading here, then all V8 owners must just be going for the same "look" as the V6 owners. Because they didnt buy the REAL muscle car... the GT500. Must be missing a ******** since they dont have 450hp. Why buy a V8 when you can buy the GT500?... sounds like these people are also being "cheap" and trying to pretend like they are driving the true muscle car. I wonder if in the GT500 forum they have a post called "Why is the V8 bad?".

Just a making point.
[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 04-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Nickdotcom
I ♥ Acer

I didn't say the V-6 was a muscle car, the mustang in general is a muscle car which should have a V-8, punk assed bitch mother ****er.....
Old 04-05-2005, 10:15 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

what makes a muscle car idiots, is it speed, because if it is when a n o s civic whoops you v 8 a$$, then will you say the civic is a mucle car, or is it liters, i dont think you knmow what a muscle car is, the 6 is a mucle car, not as fast as the 05 gt but with a few mods and a good dtno tune the 6 will be hand=ging with the 04 gt stock, so then will it be a muscle car
Old 04-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Nickdotcom
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

who said the v6 was a mucle car, and in it for the image not the drive, wow, you think you know it all dont you. you must be a ?????????

now your going against yourself, nicley done......
Old 04-05-2005, 10:18 PM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

well first off the 500 dosent exist yet. a gt is only 5 k more than a v6 and has 50 percent more power. to move up to the 500 (another 50 percent more power) is at least 15 k more. its in a totally different class of car than the gt. people who buy a gt are buying performance and a cool looking car, a v6 is the same thing minus the performance.

gt = perfromance + image

v6 = gt - performance

i am sorry to be the one to break it to you but if you bought a v6 mustang and thought that you were getting anything more than an image car you were mistaken.
when i see a new mustang on the road, i take a look at it. if i see its only got one tail pipe or its only got the two headlights, i say "oh, its just a v6"
and i am not alone. there are people out there who understand what i am saying here and you v6 guys reword **** and put words in my mouth.
v6 is a good car but the gt is a good sports car.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Nickdotcom
I ♥ Acer

exactly.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:30 PM
silverbullittgt2001
1st Gear Member

I bought my gt because it is funner to drive IMO and I like the look on peoples faces when I blast past them if you dont like the GT you are not a true mustang enthusiast and you can get the hell outta here BTW squirrel the cobra will have a v8 also so why the hell would they post why is the v8 bad. god.....idiots
Old 04-05-2005, 10:35 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

why can't we all just get along...and by the way I bought my car because it kicks ***....i know this because plenty of people break their necks to get a good look at it [sm=shades.gif]
Old 04-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

This post is like a contest between a short guy who has small mans complex and a "short" guy who tries to overcompensate for his "short comings" buy having to have something big. I bought the GT because I love the way it sounds and drives. I love the power. I have had V6's and V8's and who gives a rip? Just me. I would rather have the 8.

I drove the v6, I liked it. It drove and handled great. Then I drove the GT and said, "God DAMN!!!! had to have it.
You guys with the 6's get over it. Your big brother will always be faster and stronger than you are. You guys with the GT's, the 6's are still your little brothers.

We're all in the mustang family.

Quick Reply: Why is the V6 Bad?