Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRPP handling pack finally installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:00 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Default FRPP handling pack finally installed

Even though I picked it up about a month ago because of the 2 jobs I got I did not have time to work on installing it and, finally, last week I did the front and today I did the rear. It seems like rear end was lowered a lotmore than the front and that's with rear springs that have not yet completely settled. The ride was close to stock with yet a lot better handling with just the front done. Now with the rear done the ride quality kinda sucks. Maybe it's something that I'll get used to, but it's just too stiff and every time you hit a little bump it feels like your car is about to fall apart. Tomorrow I'm gonna test drive a Shelby GT at the dealership and see if it's just as stiff as mine is. Anyways, I'm gonna try to get my panhard bar installed tomorrow (could not find a 28mm wrench anywhere around here and don't wanna mess with it with the adjustable one), and I got BMR adjustable lca's coming at either the end of this week or the beginning of the next one. Pictures are probably coming up tomorrow after the car wash.
P.S. the total installation time was about 6 hours. Could've been done faster, but I didn't wanna screw anything up so I was taking my time.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FRPP handling pack finally installed

Keep us posted, I would like to know how the ride quality is also, I have the FRPP Springs, shocks and struts waiting to install on my car this weekend...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I cant wait to lower my car. Im looking for the stiff rough ride.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:46 AM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

I've had it for 2 years...along with the drag pack...it handles MUCH better than stock.

My test was a stretch of road with a 4 lane + turn lane...and it had a turn in it. I was doing 100 mph before, started in the left lane, ended in the right lane. After installation, I stayed in the left lane the entire time.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:28 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I drove a car that has the FRPP handling package and it was a night and day difference from stock and so much better than stock! Great stance with handling to match the look! (thanks Marcus) J
Old 03-06-2008, 06:28 AM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

+1. You have to be careful about potholes and speedbumps. Handling and looks are incredible.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:20 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Ok it's been 2 days now since I installed it and it seems like the car got a little softer (maybe I'm just getting used to it), but is still a little too stiff for a daily driver. Every time I pull into a driveway I keep worrying about scraping because of how low it sits, especially the rear. They say it's supposed to drop by 1.5 inches, but it seems closer to 2 now. I'm thinking about switching rear tires to 285/50/18to lift up the rear by 3/8 of an inch and at the same time improve the ride quality a little. I'm gonna have what they call "baloons" in the back lol. Ok enough of the bad things. I took it out for a ride yesterday to the road with a lot of turns and it was something. The turns I used to take at 65 with a lot of tire squeak I can now take at 75 with NO tire squeak which means I could go even faster. The car almost has no body lean. It's amazing. I was praying to come across an STI or an Evo so I could finally, not only keep up with them, but easily pass them on those curves. I also took some pictures today in the afternoon. I finally looked at them just now and it looks like its too much sun on some of them, but ill post them anyway.
P.S. I highly recommend this suspension pack to those who are running on stock tires. If you're on 40 or lower profile, I'd think twice about getting it.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:23 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

have to do them 1 by 1 because it says file is too large

[IMG]local://upfiles/73345/3117664C5EDC4F2F9EB5F6E92C9B7F53.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-08-2008, 12:23 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Old 03-08-2008, 12:24 AM
olvanish