Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Sequential Tailights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:40 PM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best Sequential Tailights?

I want the meter4it ones soo bad but I dont know how to do any type of wiring.. Think there are places out there that could handle installing them?
Old 03-09-2008, 08:53 PM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

I'm sure any stereo shop would put it in for you for pretty cheap....
Old 03-09-2008, 09:09 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

i was jsut reading the installation isntructions for the american muscle sequential tailights and was wondering, what would happen if you switched the 1,2,3 socket placement. i'm guessing that would change the order the lights go on which may look cool.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MirandaRae

I want the meter4it ones soo bad but I dont know how to do any type of wiring.. Think there are places out there that could handle installing them?
IT IS EASY EASY EASY!!! Don't be affraid of doing it. It's plug and play if you ask me... Just takes a little longer than the others cause you just have to crimp the wires on and run a wire to the front of the car. But like I said it's EASY EASY EASY!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

+1 for meter4it.

Even though it involves wire splicing, it's extremely easy to do, and the instructions are very well explained so even a total beginner can pick it up without much trouble. Everything is color-coded, the instructions are in color, very easy to do.

I know very little about electrical, so I had a more knowledgeable helper with me just in case, but in hindsight I woudn't have had much trouble doing it by myself with my very limited knowledge. Go for it. Chase is the coolest sequence option you can get, only available with meter4it, and even if you don't like that mode, the changeable jumper setup makes it a no-brainer.

The wiring might look intimidating at first, but once you get rolling a little bit, it's really no trouble at all. And even if you do run into a problem, there are lots of us on here who would be happy to help you.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:01 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

+1 American Muscle...easy install and free shipping and look amazing
Old 03-09-2008, 11:56 PM
HDFINDER47
1st Gear Member

Web Electric works perfect, was easy to install and I think the cost was $140 or so and you get $30 or so back if you return your old harness. I'm sure all the "name brand" plug and plays are good, though. Look on their web sites for specifics concerning design, malerials, etc..... Very worthwhile mod except I never get to see them!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

i was jsut reading the installation isntructions for the american muscle sequential tailights and was wondering, what would happen if you switched the 1,2,3 socket placement. i'm guessing that would change the order the lights go on which may look cool.
I wouldn't do that...might blow a fuse or worse.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:58 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

IT IS EASY EASY EASY!!! Don't be affraid of doing it. It's plug and play if you ask me... Just takes a little longer than the others cause you just have to crimp the wires on and run a wire to the front of the car. But like I said it's EASY EASY EASY!!!
You can download the instructions from his web site at http://www.meter4it.com/Instal_Doc.htm. Take a look and you'll see that it's easy. And if you get in trouble, you can email or call him. He'll help you get them working.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:03 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

Super easy, took me about 20 minutes and that's only because my husband told me I put the bulbs in the wrong order and I had to pull them back out of the sockets!! ROF That cost me about an extra 5 minutes!!! lol

Just got mine from American Muscle too!!! That are the bomb!!!

Quick Reply: Best Sequential Tailights?