Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats with V6 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Dare
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Whats with V6 Owners

Ya it's like, I see guys all the time that think their all tough in their Oldsmobile Alero, only it's the 4 cylinder 150hp Alero and not the real Alero with the V6 170hp. lol!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Lizardking
1st Gear Member

Yeah, Someday you GT guys will understand its not all about the car.

Some guys own V6's because its all they can afford, nothing wrong with that.

Some guys own V6's because its what thier parents bought them, nothing wrong with that.

Some guys own V6's because they are young and insurance kills them, nothing wrong with that.

Some guys own V6's because they weren't one of the lucky few to get a GT, nothing wrong with that.

I own a V6 because it's what I wanted. I understand. I understand that life is a happy medium, I make a certain amount of money, I budget what I make. I save more a month for retirement than most people save in a whole year. I choose to drive a $22,000 car even though I could afford a $40,000 car.

No matter how much you spend or how fast you can go, there is always someone else who spent more and can go faster. Im sure somewhere on the Vette boards they are roasting some poor Mustang GT A-hole and his pissy 300hp.

Its all about choices, I'm telling you why I made my choice. I'm also probley quite a bit older than most of you on here. Hell, if I had 5 cents back for every dollar I've ever spent on cars, booze, and trying to get laid, I could retire now.

Someday you will understand.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:38 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

just when i thought this crap was over someone starts it all over. kinda funny that all the big v8 guys are most of who want to put a trailer hitch on the new mustang in one of the other forums except for whitey and a few. and theses are the guys that are suppost to be the real car guys oh yea
Old 04-07-2005, 12:41 AM
rednblackdawg
1st Gear Member

Some of us also dont have to make up for the small peni$ with the car we drive.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Perilous
1st Gear Member

I've always pitied those who need things like bigger engine to boost their self-esteem.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Perilous

I've always pitied those who need things like bigger engine to boost their self-esteem.
I've always pitied the people who don't drive a real american car. Also the people that think the weight loss from a v6 will make up for the loss of power.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:55 AM
ryanb311
2nd Gear Member

Some of us also dont have to make up for the small peni$ with the car we drive.
lol
Old 04-07-2005, 12:56 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

v6 plant must be mexico i guess, and another bright v8 answer
Old 04-07-2005, 01:05 AM
05AV6
1st Gear Member

Oh I hate to say this,but a trend is very evident in regards to a certain breed of car owner,not only on this site but many others. Seems that we have two types (pigeon hole) of folks, those that are defined BY the car ie (GT) owners,and those owners that define the car ie (V6) owners. As if this is news.....
Old 04-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05AV6

Oh I hate to say this,but a trend is very evident in regards to a certain breed of car owner,not only on this site but many others. Seems that we have two types (pigeon hole) of folks, those that are defined BY the car ie (GT) owners,and those owners that define the car ie (V6) owners. As if this is news.....
The difference should be between a small block and a big block not this stupid european v6 nonsense. How can you say the mustang is defined by the v6? The reason Ford sells so many 6 cyls is because america has gone soft. Generation x sucks.

Quick Reply: Whats with V6 Owners