Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idiot salesman

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: idiot salesman

wow, talk about a tease [&:]
Old 03-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Flatline1980
2nd Gear Member

ThumperMX113, for real.. Story time..

Local dealership had a vech for sale.. The family machanic was there looking to get a roll-back.. Rookie salesman came strutting out.. Machanic had his daughter with him.. Rookie didn't know thatmachanic was a reg there..Machanic asked on a price, salesman quoted a price that was like $8k under price.. Machanic said O.K., draw up papers.. Salesman went to draw up papers, salesman comes out about to cry and says he can't do it.. Machanic says, "let me see the owner".. Owner comes out, cusses out salesman and tells him, that he has to sell the car at the quoted price.. Machanic tells the rookie that he ain't gonna do him like that cause he's a reg and he knew the owner.. If you do have a witness you could get away with it.. Its like false-advertisment.. Plus, this was a topic we had in class way back when..
Old 03-10-2008, 08:58 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

I study law, it's not going to happen.

Did I ever tell you guys I'm an astronaut too?[8D]

Old 03-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Going for broke
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Flatline1980

ThumperMX113, for real.. Story time..

Local dealership had a vech for sale.. The family machanic was there looking to get a roll-back.. Rookie salesman came strutting out.. Machanic had his daughter with him.. Rookie didn't know thatmachanic was a reg there..Machanic asked on a price, salesman quoted a price that was like $8k under price.. Machanic said O.K., draw up papers.. Salesman went to draw up papers, salesman comes out about to cry and says he can't do it.. Machanic says, "let me see the owner".. Owner comes out, cusses out salesman and tells him, that he has to sell the car at the quoted price.. Machanic tells the rookie that he ain't gonna do him like that cause he's a reg and he knew the owner.. If you do have a witness you could get away with it.. Its like false-advertisment.. Plus, this was a topic we had in class way back when..
I have a car lot and I'm here to tell you.. no signed buyers order no deal. We even have the customer sign a "we owe" form that clearly carves out anything that has been worked into the deal at the point of delivery. If it's not on the we owe it's not negotiable after the sale.
As for listing a price on the sticker??? A dealer addendum is the preferred way for a dealer to show any dealer mark-up but then again the manufacturers suggested retail price is just that... a suggestion.. usually the dealer suggests much less..lol. But if they can get more out of a car can you blame them? In this day and age you can go right to Fords website, build a car, and get the dealers invoice price. How fair is that?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Flatline1980
2nd Gear Member

lol..

i'm not arguing it..

GT500's are nice, but i don't see paying that amount of money for something that i would want to sit in a garage..
Old 03-10-2008, 11:17 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

you forgot to add in the fact thats its a fully built 5.4L capable of much higher HP than any 4.6 3v.
ORIGINAL: CroDalmatinac

Supercharge it and put on the body kit. Tada you have a faster GT500.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:47 PM
MustangFan45
2nd Gear Member

Ya know. I will not buy a car from someone that does not know more about that vehicle than I do. A salesperson should know everything there is about that car. It is their job. I went into a dealership (Nissan) and was looking at the 350Z and told the guy I was looking at the Z and a Corvette. And he told me that the Z would beat a Vette. I just walked out. A stock Z, I belive even turboed will not be a stock vette. They weigh nothing and are fast as $hit. And if it will bea stock one it won't beat a Z06. Sales people are only out to get your money and make that commision. I hate it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/90468/A6BECECBACFE468884979EDBFA4E3D52.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-10-2008, 11:56 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

dumbass.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:35 AM
MustangFan45
2nd Gear Member

DanGT, I agree with it being a bigger motor. But, you can make any motor have horse power. Shoot the vette is running a 427 in the z06 right now. And it is putting out more or as much horse power as the Viper V10 and the V12's out there. So, engine size means something. But, you can make any motor fast.

[IMG]local://upfiles/90468/728A0AEEA3514D25B824EB378650E2B9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-11-2008, 03:25 AM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

I had my share of dumb as* salespeople. My car had a huge mark up that wasn't on the sticker (talk about crap) because it was LEgend Lime, I laugh at the sales guy and told him i didn't give a crap about the color (i did lol but hey you gotta play there game)and told him to find me another GT with iup with charcoal interior and shaker 1000 with a 5spd. This is galpin in CA by the way. Then he said he didn't have one, then they didnt wanna honor my X plan. Then they said someone else was willing to pay sticker and some and how much did i wanna pay. I got on the phone with another ford dealer and started pricing another GT, then they suddenly were able to honor my X plan..... jerks.
I had a salesguy at pasadena ford tell me the bullit had the same engine as a GT500. I looked at guy with the "wtf" look on my face and asked me if I knew my stangs like i was the dummy, another sales guy walked up to us and asked me if i was the guy that owned the green stang parked in the customer lot, i said yes, then he asked me "what heck is done to your gt it sounds sweet?" I told him what I had and he said "why are looking at the bullit you'll smoke that car buy GT500 "....I laught and told him his sales guy told me it had the same engine as the GT500 We started laughing so hard the other guy just walked way.

Quick Reply: idiot salesman