Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how is the horn?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 12:50 PM
MIGREAT 05GTCONV

Default how is the horn?

I hate cars with weak horns, how is the mustangs? I will probably have to install the triple fiam horns that I had in my last car.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:23 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: how is the horn?

its pretty loud..works well for me when ur driving and someone who doesnt know how to drive cuts you off or tries to merge into your lane without looking to see if your there in the first place...ive noticed that is all really old people and women talking on cell phones especially the younger ones..im not trying to be mean by saying that..but that is what i see so i am not lying or making it up
Old 04-07-2005, 01:23 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

It's a loud two tone horn. Pretty standard as far a horns go.

I thought after market horns came and went in the '80s?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:06 PM
MIGREAT 05GTCONV

chicago is trying to pass a ban on driving & cell phones, which I think is dumb because then you shouldn't allow people to do anything in the car without getting ticketed.

I don't want a "custom" horn, just a loud horn, I find that almost everytime I drive I need to get on the horn at least once...just yesterday I used it about three times...

anyway, what would I know about the 80s I was 9 years old!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:10 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

You were 9 throughout the 80's??? Was this some kind of 'weird science'???
Old 04-07-2005, 03:10 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

It blows
Old 04-07-2005, 03:50 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: showam1

It blows
I was waiting for someone to say that.......!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:44 PM
BradC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MIGREAT 05GTCONV

chicago is trying to pass a ban on driving & cell phones, which I think is dumb because then you shouldn't allow people to do anything in the car without getting ticketed.
Santa Monica, CA already has passed a ban on cell phone usage without a headset. So you can still use the phone if you're using a hands-free set, but if you're just talking straight on the phone you can get pulled over.

I think it's a good idea to prohibit using a cel phone at all while driving. It's a major distraction and while some people might be able to do it fine, there are too many people that don't pay attention while driving & talking.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BradC

I think it's a good idea to prohibit using a cel phone at all while driving. It's a major distraction and while some people might be able to do it fine, there are too many people that don't pay attention while driving & talking.
I really hate gestopoism but I hate people talking on their cell phones even more...

Yeah some of us can do it well... But there are WAY more that can't and they are friggin dangerous..! Not to mention they make me drive like a psycho when I get stuck behind one!
Old 04-07-2005, 06:10 PM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BradC

ORIGINAL: MIGREAT 05GTCONV

Santa Monica, CA already has passed a ban on cell phone usage without a headset. So you can still use the phone if you're using a hands-free set, but if you're just talking straight on the phone you can get pulled over.

wow that is stupid, studies show that talking with a hands free setup is no safer than using a cell normaly. i dont think that you should make it illegal, if they made everything illegal that some people where too stupid to use... we wouldnt be able to buy mustangs.

Quick Reply: how is the horn?