Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflows...Opnions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Default Magnaflows...Opnions wanted

Just wondering how you like your magnaflow axlebacks...I am looking for something thats reasonably quiet driving around but when you jump on it ..they come alive...will these fit the bill ??
Old 03-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Magnaflows...Opnions wanted

Anyone ?
Old 03-12-2008, 07:03 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

click on my youtube link in my sig, there is a video of flapony's car with the magnaflows stock and then when he ads the o/r h. they are very timid with the stock cats but once he added the o/r pipe they were still timid untill he got on it alot. sounded pretty good to me, still to mild for my taste but sounds like what you may be looking for. good luck
Old 03-12-2008, 08:50 AM
ryanralston07
3rd Gear Member

I have the Magnapack Cat-Back, and it's not as loud as the other exhausts out there.....BUT it's deep and throaty. I plan on adding JBA LT'S and a catted H-Pipe to really wake it up. I get compliments everywhere I go because of how great it sounds
Old 03-12-2008, 09:38 AM
frd06GT
2nd Gear Member

I've had the Magnaflows since last summer and I really like them. They are quieter than most, if not all axlebacks, but louder than stock. What sold me was almost no drone. They are very well made, all polished with the nicest tips I've seen on any axleback. They are very quiet at cruising speed and have great sound at WOT. I think most people aren't interested in them because they aren't very loud, but with O/R H they really come alive.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for feedback...I am looking for something just abit louder than stock but maybe more freeflowing. My stock mufflers with my current setup actually sound pretty good...It sounds like the magnaflows is what I am looking for. I am not big fan of the rolled tips..I prefer the slash tips. Wondering if i could some way attached 4 inch slash tips to the magnaflows ?
Old 03-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Magnaflow will fit the bill Ive had them for a year and just love that they have a mild rumble when you turn on your stang and they have a mild rumble when driving with very little drone but when you get on the gas these things come to life and boy they sound mean, hope this helps.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM
brian06eleanor
2nd Gear Member

i have a o/r y pipe and magnaflow racepacks and i love them so much nice and throaty and pretty loud but no drone
Old 03-12-2008, 06:29 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: frd06GT

but with O/R H they really come alive.
They are still mild compared to any other set up, I installed a o/r h and I was surprised when he started the car after cause it wasnt very loud at all at idle and even regular driving conditions but when he got on it dont get me wrong it sounded great but still way to mild IMO
Old 03-12-2008, 06:31 PM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

i think my magnaflows are perfect...mellow at idle and regular driving...but when you punch it, its like a whole different creature

Quick Reply: Magnaflows...Opnions wanted